VPN ISSUE_NO SUPPORT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VPN ISSUE_NO SUPPORT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
30 Reply
Re:VPN ISSUE_NO SUPPORT
2023-02-26 10:30:00

Hank21 wrote

Dear  @ajayt 

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. 

The ticket ID is TKID230214959, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

@Hank21 

Hi, thank for assigning support engineer,

but so far nothing is moving ahead ...  can you just let us know if its a Router issue or everything is perfectly working but we are doing some wrong settings (we have given a log files and back up files)

Options
2023-02-26 11:59:40

ajayt wrote

@shberge 

Infact I chose this router due to it has OPEN VPN but unfortunate nothing works...

I some time back tried using it as client using OpenVPN cloud but that also doesnt connect ....

so really dont know how much time am going to waste- planning to replace with better router which gives better support.

Regards,

AJAY T

I get to do what I need to do with the router now with some workaround, it doesn't go as quickly as I hoped, but there are major limitations that make it unsuitable as an enterprise router, I use it at home and it is almost unusable as home router too.
but I bought it with very low expectations so I guess I wasn't too disappointed, it was as expected from tp-link. they haven't managed to deliver a proper router to omada yet.

Options
2023-03-01 05:51:54

Hello @ajayt ,

Sorry for any trouble caused!

Our senior engineer has received your feedback on the issue via email, they will continue to follow up with your case as soon as possible.
If you have any additional information, please feel free to reply to the support email whose case ID is TKID230214959.

Many thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Thank you for your valued update on the case.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-04-27 05:06:21

@ajayt 

Hi, any progress with your problem? I still have the same problem after 6 months, did you get help from support?

Options
2023-04-29 05:07:50

@shberge " I  guess problem with VPN will be fixed in a month or two "

LOL...you must be new here.  A lot of us have been waiting over a year for the VPN to be somewhat functional.

Options
2023-04-29 10:55:42

@unhappycust0mer  @Fae 

Yes, it was a bit optimistic :-)

Options
2023-05-02 06:43:20

@shberge 

hi, In-spite of discussion with support team, there is no result. 

This router has limitation as of throughput of VPN.

shberge wrote

@ajayt 

Hi, any progress with your problem? I still have the same problem after 6 months, did you get help from support?

so i have decided to go ahead with other FIREWALL like pfSENSE. 

Regards,

AJAY

Options
2023-05-02 07:06:10

@ajayt 

Ok, I hope @Fae have understood the problem and passed it on to the right people,

6 months is a long time to wait for such a serious problem.

I've never tested pfSENSE but it's probably a good choice.

Options
2023-05-03 03:51:48 - last edited 2023-05-03 03:55:06

@ajayt we/I do not know this router, we're on the R605v1 - and honestly, i do not understand why this company continues to release "quarter-baked" firmwares along with close to zero QA. 

just wanted to add in my experience. we were gonna go with IPSec VPN(Server) as its the fastest - but guess what? it doesn't work. Had to go L2TP - yeah, it works, but at 5mbps. LOL. 

all said, "we get what we pay for"  any real hardware company would have a damn solution for "critical" fixes within weeks or a month. not here tho..

Options
2023-07-13 08:15:41

@Hank21 @Fae @Clive_A 

What happend with ER8411??, now it 9 month today since some problems were first reported.

Options