TL-R600VPN DNS randomly does not translate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-24 10:04:47
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.3 Build 20190227 Rel. 48206

Hi there,

we have a TL-R600VPN for a small company, just several users. When a group of 20 people come and connect with laptops and mobiles we face disconnecting from the internet.

It looks like web pages are not loaded, end with timeout. Ping hundreds ms in that time. DHCP range set for LAN.

When pinging from the router directly it is OK, ping 2-5 ms. Provider's DNS servers are responding, e.g. google's 8.8.8.8 DNS as well. No issues on provider's side, checked.

I am not fully sure if the higher workload causes the problem, but it seems it is connected to it; if I checked it in the evening, with the building empty, it worked fine.

Finally, I have entered DNS servers to a DHCP server configuration, it immediately started to work perfectly.

Any idea what I could have set up wrong?

It is usually not needed to add DNS servers to DHCP config.

Btw the router has an obsolete FW, will be updated but there are no comments to the DNS issue in a changelog.

Thank you

Luke

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-R600VPN DNS randomly does not translate
2023-01-24 16:52:25

@Luke27 

Ive always entered the DNS servers within the DHCP settings.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options