Cloud Device (Offline)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cloud Device (Offline)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cloud Device (Offline)
Cloud Device (Offline)
2023-02-03 18:59:36 - last edited 2023-08-14 06:57:42
Model: TL-MR6500v  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a TL-MR6500v with an ID SIM installed and it works perfectly when I am connected to the routers WIFI i.e. I can access the internet.

I installed the TP-LINK Tether app on my andoid Samsung mobile and went through the bind process while connected through wifi.

However, when I use the Tether app remotely, the device shows "Cloud Device (Offline)" and clicking on it shows a "Unable to Connect" error, stating "Make sure this device is powered on and connected to the internet".

I can confirm this is the case as I'm able to access video on the ring doorbell that is connected to the router.

So, what's going on with the TP-Link clound service and why can't I connect remotely using Tether?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cloud Device (Offline)-Solution
2023-08-14 06:57:39 - last edited 2023-08-14 06:57:42

Hi All,

For cloud device offline issue when the device is actually connected to internet properly, please refer to the solution on this thread:

Internet works fine via LTE Gateway Router but Tether App shows it offline when managed remotely

Recommended Solution
Options
13 Reply
Re:Cloud Device (Offline)
2023-02-07 14:20:44 - last edited 2023-02-07 14:21:17

I'm guessing tp-link support don't actually monitor this community, which is a shame as I really want to like this router.

Options
2023-02-08 03:54:26

@Milleniumaire 

Hello, could you please send me a private message to provide MAC address of your router and also your TP-Link ID?

When you are at home, please use 4G of your phone itself and check if remote management via Tether App works or not, if not, please try to reboot the router and test if it will solve the problem.

Options
2023-02-13 11:34:44

I have pretty the same issue using MR600 v3. If I reboot the router the tether remote login is working for 5 minutes - than the device is offline - but I can see all connected devices to the router that are up and running. I have also an extender RE305 which is always online and I can login into it. 

Options
2023-02-14 10:03:02

@iSnoopy 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

May I know who your ISP is for the SIM card inside the MR600? and what is the firmware version of your MR600 V3? 

Options
2023-02-14 12:59:26

@Sunshine Hello the ISP is A1 Bulgaria and the Firmware version is: 1.00 0.91 v0001.0 Build 220307 Rel. 60743n.

This is the test scenario:

1. turn on the router

2. tether app via mobile network is working for 5 minutes

3. after the time above the router is inactive, but still connected to the network

However, if I login into the router web interface 192.168.1.1 and bind unbind the device using my tplink ID the router is always visible in the tether app until the reboot/power cycle of the router.

Options
2023-02-18 16:14:16

@Sunshine 

I was able to use the Tether App on 4G both at my in-laws (where the router is situated) and back at my own home, so it would appear that remote access is now working.

I haven't done anything to change it, so not sure why it has started working, but will keep monitoring it.

Options
2023-03-09 06:33:31

@iSnoopy 

Hi, may I know if the problem still exists now? If so, please email "support.forum@tp-link.com" and provide us with your TP-Link ID&MAC address of your MR600.

Options
2023-04-03 12:52:38

@Milleniumaire 

Same problem here - Tether Cloud remote access stops working after a few minutes.  If I reboot the router, it works again for a short while, then appears offline.  Everything is actually online though, there are no connection problems.   Tether app works perfectly when connected to the local WiFi network. 

SIM card is Vodafone UK and it has a very strong 4G signal, line of sight to the cell tower.  (On a good day I'm getting > 90Mbps with 4G+ carrier aggregation)

MR-600 v3 (nano SIM slot) with the latest updated firmware at time of writing. 

One detail that could be important: I believe there's a carrier grade NAT upstream of my connection (Vodafone UK), since the router's WAN IP address on 4G is in the 10.x.x.x. range.  Remote administration over HTTPS [using ddns] does not work for me, probably for this reason. 

How often do these routers 'dial home' to TP-Link Cloud, and how is that connection kept alive? What is the mechanism for Tether (via TP-link Cloud) knowing how to connect back to the router?  I suspect the carrier NAT opens a port for a short time, but after some timeout the connection back to the public IP address will not work.  

Side question:  is there a remote web interface from TP-Link cloud? - i.e. other than the Tether mobile app?  tplinkcloud.com (same login) only mentions cameras, not routers. 

It would be really handy to fix this, for those of us who are basically remote tech support to our friends/families where we have installed a 4G setup for them. 

Thanks!

Options
2023-04-04 03:51:52

@Will- 

Hi, 

1. For cloud connection issue, I've sent you a private message, please check if it helps. Normally as long as the MR600 internet works fine, it should be able to connect to TP-Link cloud successfully no matter its IP address is public IP or not.

2. Since the internet IPv4 address you get from the ISP is 10.x.x.x which is a private IP address, it is normal that remote web management over https doesn't work

3. For cloud management of MR600, sorry for that there is no web interface, we could only manage it via Tether App via cloud.

Options
2023-08-09 17:15:01

@Sunshine I face teh same issue as well. I am using Reliance Jio 4G sim with my MR600 router

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3644

Replies: 13

Related Articles