Problem with open ports for VoIP Technology

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-18 22:27:43
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20220512 Rel.76748

Hi, I have a problem with VoIP gateway , I must open the ports on TP-LINK , how I can open the pots 5060 UDP 5090 UDP and range from 10000-25000 for transmision voice over ethernet . I have a problem with this case. Please give a solution , I like TP-LINK but sometimes the better is MICROTIC oraz UbiQuti . Please help

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem with open ports for VoIP Technology
2023-02-19 06:35:39

@Stanislaw123 

it should not be necessary to open any ports, what you can try is to disable SIP ALG on the router, some solutions do not work if this is enabled, others must have this on so it is a little different for the different solutions.

I assume you are calling from a LAN device?

ALG can be found in the NAT section

Options
Re:Problem with open ports for VoIP Technology
2023-02-19 14:41:38

@Stanislaw123 

What @shberge said is true.

VoIP providers always specify those port requirements, but you rarely need to open the ports. Firewall's all act the same out of the box because WAN is always set to ANY, ANY. When traffic is sent out over port 5060, all return traffic on that port will be allowed while the session is opened. Your VoIP provider will never initiate the connection so there is no need to open the ports externally. The only time you will have to open ports will be if the WAN is not set to ANY, ANY.

If you need to or still want to open ports, on the router setup Service Types (Port Parameters) and Firewall Access Rules.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 554

Replies: 2

Related Articles