VLAN no longer accessible

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-20 19:37:58 - last edited 2023-02-20 19:48:27
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I have an IoT wifi network set up with ID 123, and have added a LAN with that ID as well.

Then I had a gateway ACL set up to block that VLAN to access the internet, and a EAP ACL to block the VLAN from accessing devices on the main LAN.

But traffic from the main LAN to the IoT VLAN is allowed, and in 1.0 this worked great.

So devices could talk to each other, and could be accessed from the rest of the LAN, but not access the internet or anything outside the VLAN.

But now when the gateway ACL is enabled, no devices on the IoT VLAN can be reached, even from withing the VLAN.

Whe I disable the gateway ACL, I can only reach IoT devices from within the VLAN, and not from the main LAN.

I had a look into downgrading back to 1.0.0 but then I get a warning it will delete all configurations? Terrible, so I'm now stuck on a broken release, or can I export all the configurations, downgrade, and import them again?

This means that several critical IoT devices for operating the premise are now out of order, not a great look.

Options
2 Reply
Re:VLAN no longer accessible
2023-02-22 07:39:50

@pepijndevos 

If you delete ACL rules and set them again, will it fix?

You can reboot these devices to have a try, maybe it works after a reboot.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:VLAN no longer accessible
2023-02-25 12:58:11

@Virgo If I disable all the rules it seems to work, but I can't get it to a state where I can access the IoT network from the main LAN, but not the other way around.

It seems like the way it worked before is that if a connection was made from the main LAN to the IoT LAN, the IoT could talk back, while now no traffic at all is allowed out of the IoT LAN.

Options