Solution to Repeating Notification of "[Gateway] was connected" Issue on ER605 V2 [Case Closed]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Solution to Repeating Notification of "[Gateway] was connected" Issue on ER605 V2 [Case Closed]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
49 Reply
Re:Solution to Repeating Notification of "[Gateway] was connected" Issue on ER605 V2
2023-07-14 01:45:24

Hi @SeanieP 

This is unusual. The MAC address belongs to Mercursys. Do you set up anything like IP-MAC binding or DHCP reservation?

In the firmware of V2.2.0, we have introduced a new feature that DHCP activities will be recorded in the log.

If you are running your whole network fine, then you don't have to worry about it. But this one seems unusual. Try a reboot and check settings. Would be helpful for us if you can check settings I mentioned above.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Solution to Repeating Notification of "[Gateway] was connected" Issue on ER605 V2
2023-07-14 05:22:00

@Clive_A yes I do use DHCP reservation. Should I select Mac binding? Can't understand why it keeps repeating the same notification. Network seems to be ok.

Options
2023-07-14 05:38:40

Hi @SeanieP 

That could relate to your reservation. You can consider either unbinding it and checking again or you can turn off this alert in Notifications. 

The new controller added support to show the activities of the DHCP and every activity will be logged.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-14 06:20:10

@Clive_A Mac binding was off. I don't use a controller, only the router itself

Options
2023-07-14 06:28:54

Hi @SeanieP 

After you turn it off, does it still show up there?

What's your firmware version?

Options
2023-07-15 11:07:51

@Clive_A 

After updating omada controller to the latest version, I have the same problem, there can be several thousand notifications per day

I am using 
ER605 v2.0, Firmware Version:
2.2.0 Build 20230629 Rel.64012

Omada Controller 5.11.10

2.10.2 Build 20230704 Rel.64607

TL-SG2428P v1.0

1.1.8 Build 20230602 Rel.73473

EAP245(EU) v4.0

1.1.3 Build 20230224 Rel. 48254

Options
2023-07-15 15:44:06

@Clive_A 

This is not always the same device, it happens with several.

My current firmware is 2.1.2 Build 20230313 Rel.41632

Options
2023-07-17 01:33:26

Hi @SeanieP 

If you don't run into any issues, then it is okay. The log system added a new feature for DHCP activities. You don't need to worry about issues if you don't run into problems.

As I explained earlier, new firmware added some features.

You can use a different level if you don't want to see certain logs.

Options
2023-07-17 01:34:47

Hi @denis-odessit 

Please refer to the post above. Thanks for your understanding.

denis-odessit wrote

@Clive_A 

After updating omada controller to the latest version, I have the same problem, there can be several thousand notifications per day

I am using 
ER605 v2.0, Firmware Version:
2.2.0 Build 20230629 Rel.64012

Omada Controller 5.11.10

2.10.2 Build 20230704 Rel.64607

TL-SG2428P v1.0

1.1.8 Build 20230602 Rel.73473

EAP245(EU) v4.0

1.1.3 Build 20230224 Rel. 48254

Options