ACL priority in Omada SDN with Omada Router, Omada Switch and EAP
I'm confused about the priority of the ACL rules and how they would work.
My setup is a ER7206 connected to a SG2218 and EAP245 wifi points.
So I have the possibility to make Gateway-ACL rules, Switch-ACL and EAP-ACL.
If I setup Gateway and Switch ACL rules, when will they be triggered? I see 2 options
1) ACL rules are applied when they pass trough the device (Gateway or Switch)
- In this case I would be missing staefull ACL's in the switch.
- Would in case an switch ACL is triggered, would the gateway ACL still be used? Even if the packages are only handled in the switch?
2) ACL rules are managed trough the Omada Controler. All ACL rules are applied to all packages regardless where they show up (EAP, Switch, gateway)
- In this case are Gateway rule first, followed by Switch and finaly EAP?
And last question, where can I find the native rules for ACL that are inside the TP equipment.
Trying to setup a VLAN isolation for IoT and guests but with Airplay possibilities to TV (on IoT Vlan) for guests and local users.
Thanks for helping me understand ACL better.