Deco S4 - Newly occurring stutter lag

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-01 23:11:04
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20220113 Rel. 42007

This only started occurring this past Saturday, I have a Deco S4 mesh network set up in Access Point mode. We have a Gateway through our primary ISP downstairs which our hub S4 is connected to, then two Deco S4s upstairs. My computers and gaming consoles are connected to the Decos via Ethernet cable and starting Saturday I started getting lag spikes/stutter lag where once every 30 seconds or so my computer/consoles freeze for half a second then pick back up where they left off.

I've noticed no degradation of internet speed and the Decos aren't ever flashing red as if they're disconnecting. I've connected directly to my ISP's gateway and the issue goes away so it's an issue with the Decos themselves. I've swapped out the Decos upstairs with each other to see if an individual device were the issue and it hasn't resolved anything.

My firmware is up to date. It runs in 2.4 and 5 Ghz mode

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco S4 - Newly occurring stutter lag
2023-03-02 01:50:34

@DufordDawgs 

Hi,  Nice to see you again.

Have you tried to turn off "Fast roaming" and "beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced?

---By the way, did a power cycle fix the issue mentioned here: Mobile App version 3.2.10 Advanced Settings don't appear

If you were trying to connect the computer to the second port of the main Deco S4, will you still get the stutter lag issue?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco S4 - Newly occurring stutter lag
2023-03-04 22:47:30

@David-TP Hi again David. Yes that issue was resolved with my mobile app, thank you very much.

Unfortunately turning off beamforming and fast roaming did not resolve this issue. Just curious what could have changed last Saturday when this started occurring, as there hadn't been any changes in settings or configurations on our end.

I am unable to test if hooking the computer/console up directly to the hub Deco will help, as the hub Deco is in a closet downstairs and my computer is a desktop and upstairs

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 452

Replies: 2

Related Articles