Block DHCP Server on specific port or specify which port can have a DHCP Server?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Block DHCP Server on specific port or specify which port can have a DHCP Server?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-04 02:51:16
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm building out a home network and will have a need to ensure that a device on the network (Ring Pro Base Station) does not act as a DHCP Server on my network.  I'm looking for a way to block DHCP Requests from either being delivered to this port or responses from the Ring Pro to hosts on the network - and providing them an IP Address.  

In essence, I want to either block a port from hosting a DHCP Server or have the ability to configure a certain port to be the only port to allow for a DHCP Server to be attached.

Is this possible?

-Brian Planned: (4) EAP670, (1) EAP650, (1) TL-SG3210XHMP-M2, (1) TL-SG3428XMP, (4) TL-SG2008P
Options
3 Reply
Re:Block DHCP Server on specific port or specify which port can have a DHCP Server?
2023-03-05 23:00:10

@briguy 

DHCP works on UDP port 67, so thinking out loud here blocking it using an ACL on the switchport is likely your best option here.  There is no way to turn it off on the Ring Controller?   Ive not used or seen a ring controller before.

Options
Re:Block DHCP Server on specific port or specify which port can have a DHCP Server?
2023-03-06 05:30:47

Hi,

The switch supports Legal DHCP server

@briguy 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-10 03:59:22

@Hank21 Thank you, but I think that's the standalone Business-Class switches vs. switches managed via Omada.  It seems Omada doesn't offer that same functionality (ie, DHCP Filtering) unless it's something that can be done via CLI but not via UI.  

-Brian Planned: (4) EAP670, (1) EAP650, (1) TL-SG3210XHMP-M2, (1) TL-SG3428XMP, (4) TL-SG2008P
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 454

Replies: 3