Where does the EAP get it's "Fallback IP" address from? It's not even a VLAN I have....

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Where does the EAP get it's "Fallback IP" address from? It's not even a VLAN I have....

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-07 21:15:09
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

I never setup this Fallback IP address setting so just curious where does this come from on setup? FWIW I was setting up TP Link hardware (router, switch, EAP) but then ended up ditching the hardware and only using the EAP with windows software controller for now. However I hard reset the EAP when I switched to the software controller so not sure how a 192.168.0.X address would save here? I'm on 192.168.1.X.

The only reason I noticed this today is ever since I switched back to software controller the other day our WiFi keeps dropping at least once a day for about 1 minute. I have since disabled this. Not even sure if this is why my WiFi keeps dropping for short periods of time. Before I tried swapping to hardware this weekend this software controller has been just fine, now this disconnecting issue.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Where does the EAP get it's "Fallback IP" address from? It's not even a VLAN I have....
2023-03-08 06:40:11

Hi  @Chad711 

Fallback IP only takes effect when the EAP cannot receive IP from DHCP server. 

About 192.168.0.254, it's designed to be that IP by default. It's not coming from anywhere. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Where does the EAP get it's "Fallback IP" address from? It's not even a VLAN I have....
2023-03-09 09:13:58

@Chad711 

in tplink world, their network falls in 192.168.0.1/24

you have the default vlan, vlan 1. well you don't need to worry about this.

why? you can set a static IP in this subnet and connect pc to eap directly. you can use that fallback ip to access it.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options