LT2P, OPenvpn client to lan configuration and connection.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-20 07:25:44
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: N/A

Hello chaps,

Quick question about L2TP and open VPN configuration and connection.

A:  While configuring an open VPN to server to lan it asks for a username & password, Are these username and password credentials that we create for our own credentials or does it come from third-party website credentials like open VPN? For example, when creating DNS no IP you have to put in website credentials so let me know which credential challenge is needed to create open VPN server user/password credentials.

Also, what is the difference between an open VPN server and an open VPN client configuration?

Now I have a router sitting behind a router's firewall without it being port forwarded so my virtual IP range is limited but it still should be able to route VPN still.

Same question whats the difference between Server to L2TP  and Client to L2TP?cool

Im having trouble getting VPN connections to connect but I will engineer resolve so please leave your comments in the right place thanks for making our products more efficient.

Options
1 Reply
Re:LT2P, OPenvpn client to lan configuration and connection.
2023-04-21 03:46:14

@yubik 

Fortunately, there is no shortage of articles on the official website and this community with guidance on configuring VPNs.

I thought these FAQs will help you learn something about the VPN.

FAQs Summary - Omada Router Setup in Standalone Mode

FAQs Summary - Omada SDN Related

OpenVPN

And I saw a useful post that deserves to Subscribe recently.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options