Archer T4U Plus Incredibaly unstable connection. Very high packet loss, very high ping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T4U Plus Incredibaly unstable connection. Very high packet loss, very high ping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-04 10:42:15
Model: Archer T4U Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I have bought the Archer T4U Plus V2 AC1300, but i can not for the live of me get it to run. I got it to run ONCE yesterday for about 5 hours after i troubleshot for about 4 hours until i got a stable ping. So i know it can work. But after rebooting my PC the ping and packet loss is again through the roof, it is unusable again. I just have no idea WHY OR HOW it broke again.

Okay here go my specs:

Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846, 64hz System, (If you need more info im glad to give it to you)

What have i tried?

- Several drivers with different age, currently the newest one (Version 1030.44.531.2021)

- Reinstalling said drivers, (connection works fine for maybe 3 minutes than goes to sh*t)

- Rebooting PC, and/or T4u

- Stopping windows from automatically updating Drivers so the installed one stays

- Testing 3.0 or 2.0 USB (same performance with both)

- Tried different IEEE Wireless protocols (when it ran yesterday it ran fine on 802.11a, today it is not running no matter what i do)

- I honestly cant remember what else i did because i troubleshot for so long

PLEASE help me i am going insane over here. I know it can work because it did, I... I just don't know what to do anymore

In the image you can hopefully see my situation, the red symbolizes a 100% packet loss and the other lines are my ping

Thank you!

File:
my ping and packet loss.pngDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer T4U Plus Incredibaly unstable connection. Very high packet loss, very high ping
2023-05-06 08:27:03

@minnihd 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of your wireless router?

Did you have the same ping time out/packet loss issue on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz of the main router?

By the way, how long have you had the USB adapter?

Could you please refer to this link-Part II to help me get the computer system information:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2722/

And it is also suggested to install the driver here to see whether it helped:

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210108/RTLWlanU_WindowsDriver_1030.41.0514.2020_Drv_3.00.0036(26078).zip

Wait for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Archer T4U Plus Incredibaly unstable connection. Very high packet loss, very high ping
2023-05-22 05:09:37

To troubleshoot the Archer T4U Plus V2 AC1300 on Windows 10:

Uninstall the current driver from the Device Manager and disconnect the device.
Download the latest driver from the TP-Link website.
Install the downloaded driver and reconnect the Archer T4U Plus V2.
Disable USB selective suspend in Power Options.
If the issue persists, consider reaching out to TP-Link support for further assistance.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 605

Replies: 2

Related Articles