VLANs on WAN Port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VLANs on WAN Port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VLANs on WAN Port
VLANs on WAN Port
2023-05-09 21:38:42
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

Hello everyone

Is it possible with the ER605v1 on the WAN port to receive more than 1 VLAN? Even if the router is connected to the controller with the latest version.
The hinterging is that I have a PFsense. The down is connected to the PF ETH1 (192.168.9.2) on WAN through this I would like to route more VLAN.
But so far without erflog.
If I connect PF to a switch and route the VLANs over it it works but I don't like that.

Options
2 Reply
Re:VLANs on WAN Port
2023-05-10 19:15:51 - last edited 2023-05-10 19:16:00

@X3KliixX 

2 things...

what you are wanting isnt possible.  Like you said, use a switch before the WAN port.

PFsense and a Omada router are two different animals.  Its like comparing apples to a grizzly bear.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
Re:VLANs on WAN Port
2023-05-11 13:55:40

@X3KliixX 

Have you tried playing with the IPTV setting?  In theory that shoudl allow up to 3 VLANs to transit a single WAN port as tagged traffic.  I currently have 1 VLAN configured for one site with a FTTH provider who wants internet traffic on VLAN XX using this method.  The first VLAN is configured via the Advanced Settings of the WAN port itself, then you can add up to two more custom VLANs via the IPTV feature on one of your WAN ports. 

What I'm not sure about is how they are mapped internally, but given that the primary WAN connection maps to eth1.XX I would image the two below would map to eth1.34 and eth1.36.  When VLANs are NOT enabled on a WAN, then WAN is eth1.4094 and WAN1 is eth1.4093...hence the max VLAN_ID of 4086 for WAN side.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 503

Replies: 2

Related Articles