Internet VLAN on WAN not present or not selectable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-13 00:12:16 - last edited 2023-05-16 05:43:59
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.00

Hi there, I just got this device today and i'm not able to use the internet VLAN option when hooking up the WAN on PPPoE. 

I saw there was a similar issue with the 702 that seemed to be solved by a firmware upgrade but i'm not seeing any firmware update for this unit.

Can I please get this solved? I need to use both 2.5G ports, 1 for WAN and 1 for LAN.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Internet VLAN on WAN not present or not selectable -Solution
2023-05-15 09:22:21 - last edited 2023-05-16 05:43:59

Hello @INTERNET_RYAN, @d0ugmac1 

INTERNET_RYAN wrote

Hi there, I just got this device today and i'm not able to use the internet VLAN option when hooking up the WAN on PPPoE. 

I saw there was a similar issue with the 702 that seemed to be solved by a firmware upgrade but i'm not seeing any firmware update for this unit.

Thanks for reporting this issue to the TP-Link community!

The 2.5G port Internet VLAN option can not be edited issue has been reported to the R&D team who will make a beta firmware to fix the issue.

If you need the Beta firmware as soon as possible, please don't hesitate to reply here and I'll escalate your case to our support team.

We are looking forward to hearing from you again.

The IPTV issue has been reported to the R&D team for further investigation. I'll try to provide an update when there's progress.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Internet VLAN on WAN not present or not selectable -Solution
2023-06-02 09:56:38 - last edited 2023-06-02 09:56:44

Hi All,

The 1.0.2 Beta firmware has been released to fix it, please follow the post link below for details.

ER707-M2 V1_1.0.2_Build 20230526 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on May 26th, 2023)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:Internet VLAN on WAN not present or not selectable
2023-05-13 13:44:49

@INTERNET_RYAN 

Still waiting for mine to arrive, but try this version

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/er707-m2/v1/#Firmware

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-05-13 13:49:53

@d0ugmac1 

Thanks for the find!  I updated it last night but the issue persisted.  

There is the following "help" about VLANs but either I can't figure out how to do it or something is wrong...

VLAN

- 

Add the WAN port to a VLAN. Generally, you don’t need to enable VLAN for the WAN port unless required by your ISP.

VLAN ID

- 

If VLAN for the WAN port is enabled, you need to enter a VLAN ID. Then the WAN port is automatically assigned to the VLAN. By default, the egress rule of the VLAN is UNTAG, so the packets are transmitted by the WAN port without VLAN tags. If you want the WAN port to transmit packets with VLAN tag, you need to configure its egress rule as TAG. To configure VLANs, go to Network > VLAN > VLAN.

I can't for the life of me find this area in the VLAN section.

Attached is the screenshots of the VLAN area.

File:
Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 9.48.37 AM.pngDownload
Options
2023-05-13 13:50:22

@INTERNET_RYAN 

Screenshot of the WAN area

File:
Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 9.38.51 AM.pngDownload
Options
2023-05-13 13:56:19

@INTERNET_RYAN 

If you add a 1G port in as WAN3, is the WAN VLAN option no longer greyed out for the 1G port?  I am wondering if maybe the new ethernet hardware they are using to provide the 2.5G port speeds for the first two ports on the 707, doesn't support, or support has not yet been implemented for 802.1Q tagging...which would be not good.

@Hank21 if you have a minute can we open a ticket?  I too was hoping to use this router on a FTTH PPPoE WAN connection that requires VLAN tags.

Options
2023-05-13 13:59:10

@INTERNET_RYAN 

I know you're in standalone mode, but see if you can find the IPTV section.  In other routers this allows you to add up to two more VLAN tags to a WAN port in addition to the one found in the top level WAN port config.  If it too is greyed out, I think we have our answer (for the time being anyways).

If you need to limp a long at 1G until a fix is available the $70 ER605V2 can do this.

Options
2023-05-13 14:01:14 - last edited 2023-05-13 14:01:36

@d0ugmac1 

Sorry I'm still waking up. I have only observed this with the WAN1 port only.  The other 2.5 WAN port does allow me to access the Internet VLAN option, but this isn't ideal for my use case as I'm looking to have the WAN for 2.5 and the other for LAN to another 2.5G switch.  

As you can see in this screenshot, the other 2.5 WAN allows me to access it. I've tried having the other one off and I tried all other ports as 1G WAN and all allow me to tag VLAN in the WAN config.  It's just this one pesky (and important!) port 1.

File:
Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 9.59.49 AM.pngDownload
Options
2023-05-13 14:04:16 - last edited 2023-05-13 14:06:13

@d0ugmac1 

Funny you should suggest that, the current router is the 605v2 ;)

IPTV section only sees the active WAN2

File:
Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 10.03.53 AM.pngDownload
Options
2023-05-13 14:16:14

@INTERNET_RYAN 

Ok, if tags are cool on port2, then it is a bug.  We'll see if @Hank21 or @Fae can get a ticket opened.  My dealings with support on matters like this have been very positive and twice I've had beta firmware generated within a few days to test.

Rumour has it that Wireguard is also not yet implemented...if you can confirm that 1.0.2 is still missing this VPN option, I'd be grateful.

Options
2023-05-13 14:18:05

@INTERNET_RYAN 

In the meantime, if you can use port2 or WAN2 for your tagged PPPoE connection...maybe you can LAG several 1G ports to create a multi-gigabit LAN link?  Not sure what you have downstream of your router, but if it's a managed TPlink switch (or even a NAS)...this should work until the fix is in.

Options
2023-05-13 14:31:36
I will give WAN2 a shot later today. I was so fixated on getting MY solution working that I completely forgot to try it when I was in the middle of losing my marbles :p
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1295

Replies: 14