vx220 instruction manual or very similar modem please?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-31 02:58:38 - last edited 2023-06-01 01:09:30

HI.  I am looking for a user and/or  detailed manual for the VX220 TPlink modem that several ISP appear to be suppling as std these days. 2023.

Also there is NO backup and restore of complete configurations existing in the menu system, that I can find! Can you? 

Other than that its amazing fast to change and update settings, performance is great and reliable connection to FTTN is quite good. 

However by default ROC/SOC was not turned on and i thought that was a requirement bu NBN Co these days to remain connected to FTTN?

MInsiks

Options
2 Reply
Re:vx220 instruction manual or very similar modem please?
2023-06-01 02:19:03

@minsiks 

Hello, may I know if you get VX220 from your internet service provider?

Since it is a customized model for the local internet service providers, both the user manual and firmware are not publicized on the local official websites. Usually, they are pre-configured by the ISP, it is recommended to contact your ISP to confirm it if you have questions about the configurations.

Options
Re:vx220 instruction manual or very similar modem please?
2023-06-06 10:23:09

@Sunshine thankyou for the information. 

Personally i feel that lack of information and lack of any upgrade paths/firmware by either the manufacturer or the ISP is a cop out and downright poor service of a product. 
Almost restricting the truth by hiding it! 

I was so impressed by the operation and ease of getting this device working  but that has been eroded by the shield of non information that it sours a little. 

thanks at lease for your reply to me.

Minsik 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 348

Replies: 2