ER605 load balancing does not work on wifi !?

ER605 load balancing does not work on wifi !?

18 Reply
Re:ER605 load balancing does not work on wifi !?
2023-08-08 12:53:38

@Tedd404 

Hello,

I had already found a similar article about the speed test.

Why the speedtest results don't match the total bandwidth of multiple WANs with the load balance router?
As for speedtest.com, the test is consistent, whether it is wired or Wi-Fi.

As for fast.com, this test does take (adds) the two speeds of both wan, but it only works well over wired, over Wi-Fi it only takes one of the wans, I would like to understand why this happens, what makes it over Wi-Fi don't add them?

In other words, what causes the session to be unbalanced when the connection is via Wi-Fi and not wired?

Thank you,

Options
2023-08-09 03:14:41

@andrexweb 

andrexweb wrote

@Tedd404 

Hello,

I had already found a similar article about the speed test.

Why the speedtest results don't match the total bandwidth of multiple WANs with the load balance router?
As for speedtest.com, the test is consistent, whether it is wired or Wi-Fi.

As for fast.com, this test does take (adds) the two speeds of both wan, but it only works well over wired, over Wi-Fi it only takes one of the wans, I would like to understand why this happens, what makes it over Wi-Fi don't add them?

In other words, what causes the session to be unbalanced when the connection is via Wi-Fi and not wired?

Thank you,

so it could be the web design of that test site.

they detect that you re on mobile web so it does not apply the multi-sessions. or your phone rejects multi-session from the test server. 'cause of that, you don't have the add-up speed. still it's not the router issue. 

this is my assumption based on my experience. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-08-10 03:04:38

@Tedd404 

Hello,

I have three options to investigate:
- The speed test
- The EAP653
- The router

As you indicate, the problem may be the Speed Test, which somehow knows that it is being executed by WiFi.

Thank you,

Options
2023-12-27 01:30:02

Hi I'm having the same problem. 

On wired connections, the ER605 balances correctly, but on access point connections, the router behaves strangely: it manages to balance the up load, but loses out when load balancing downloads.

I don't think it's the structure of the test sites because I've used several and they all behave in the same way, such as Nperf, Fast, speedtest and APP WIFIMAN. And the tests maintain the same results on notebooks and apple mobile phones. In other words, if the connection is via WIFI, it's stuck at 300mbs.

I think it's a bug in the Er605 system that gets lost managing packets between the LAN/WAN when the connection comes from an AP.
I carried out some tests by activating and deactivating flow control but I was unsuccessful.

My configuration: 

ER605 Router
2 x UniFi UAP AC Lite

Best regards

Samuel 

Options
2023-12-27 01:59:25

Hi @Star2112 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Star2112 wrote

Hi I'm having the same problem. 

On wired connections, the ER605 balances correctly, but on access point connections, the router behaves strangely: it manages to balance the up load, but loses out when load balancing downloads.

I don't think it's the structure of the test sites because I've used several and they all behave in the same way, such as Nperf, Fast, speedtest and APP WIFIMAN. And the tests maintain the same results on notebooks and apple mobile phones. In other words, if the connection is via WIFI, it's stuck at 300mbs.

I think it's a bug in the Er605 system that gets lost managing packets between the LAN/WAN when the connection comes from an AP.
I carried out some tests by activating and deactivating flow control but I was unsuccessful.

My configuration: 

ER605 Router
2 x UniFi UAP AC Lite

Best regards

Samuel 

It is stuck at 300Mbps, so it does not load balance, that seems to be your understanding and you are convinced by yourself.

So here is my question, first what's your definition of load balancing?

What do you expect to see from the load balancing?

Not to mention the test method you use for testing the load balancing is not correct, you think it is a bug in the system with the LAN/WAN. So what's the difference between an AP and a wired connection in your opinion?

If you have time, take a second to read the KB.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-27 02:24:53

Hi @Clive_A thank you for your reply, 

So here's my question: firstly, what is your definition of load balancing?
Here I have two links 1° 400 mbs + 2° 300 mbs the idea is for the ER605 to add the combine connections,

which is occurring correctly in the wired network, after activating Enable Load Balancing in the ER605 settings.

When I run a speed test, the average speed shown is 700mbs in wired network. 

I would expect to see the same speed when running a test on a laptop or smartphone connected via wifi.

What do you expect to see from load balancing?
I expected better performance over wireless. 

Not to mention that the test method you use to test load balancing isn't correct, you think it's a bug in the system with the LAN/WAN. So, in your opinion, what's the difference

between an AP and a wired connection?
I understand that the connections would be identical between the wired part and the wifi part, but I could be wrong about that because I don't have deep technical knowledge about networks, I'm actually investigating and learning from this situation to get the most out of the hardware I have here by the way a liked very much the router ER605.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is KB and where can I find it?

Thank you very much for your questions. 

Best regards. 
Samuel

Options
Re:ER605 load balancing does not work on wifi !?-Solution
2023-12-27 02:58:04 - last edited 2023-12-28 03:15:56

Hi @Star2112 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Star2112 wrote

Hi @Clive_A thank you for your reply, 

So here's my question: firstly, what is your definition of load balancing?
Here I have two links 1° 400 mbs + 2° 300 mbs the idea is for the ER605 to add the combine connections,

which is occurring correctly in the wired network, after activating Enable Load Balancing in the ER605 settings.

When I run a speed test, the average speed shown is 700mbs in wired network. 

I would expect to see the same speed when running a test on a laptop or smartphone connected via wifi.

What do you expect to see from load balancing?
I expected better performance over wireless. 

Not to mention that the test method you use to test load balancing isn't correct, you think it's a bug in the system with the LAN/WAN. So, in your opinion, what's the difference

between an AP and a wired connection?
I understand that the connections would be identical between the wired part and the wifi part, but I could be wrong about that because I don't have deep technical knowledge about networks, I'm actually investigating and learning from this situation to get the most out of the hardware I have here by the way a liked very much the router ER605.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is KB and where can I find it?

Thank you very much for your questions. 

Best regards. 
Samuel

I think I did not upload the KB successfully. It's pinned.

Combined speed is not guaranteed unless your test device can do a multi-session speed test. Or it does not add up the speed. FAQ on our official website has explained this. Aggregate speed as keywords and you should see them.

And 300Mbps on WIFI, have you ruled out the possibility that your wireless is limiting this? Commonly 866Mbps for 5GHz on WIFI5 get you around 300-400Mbps. If optimal, it'd get 400Mbps or a little bit more.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-27 03:43:03

Hi @Clive_A, thanks very much for the clarifications,

I will read the KB to familiarize myself with the ER605's settings and make better use of its full potential.

I'm going to investigate the limitations of my APs, after your explanation I believe they have already reached the maximum limit. 

Thank you very much, have a great new year. 

Samuel

Options
Related Articles