ER707 M2 FIrmware 1.1.0 - Causing DISCONNECT on Omada 5.9.31

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER707 M2 FIrmware 1.1.0 - Causing DISCONNECT on Omada 5.9.31

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
21 Reply
Re:ER707 M2 FIrmware 1.1.0 - Causing DISCONNECT on Omada 5.9.31
2023-09-18 07:58:07

@Noorthbynorth 

Salve , anche noi abbiamo lo stesso problema, potreste risolvere? grazie mille

Options
2023-09-18 10:54:46

@Clive_A 

in fact, it looks like the problem has fixed itself. am now on windows contoller 5.12.6
same firmware on ER707

Options
2023-09-19 00:52:37

@EvolutionSystem 

Try the new beta firmware on your controller, take a look:

Omada SDN Controller_V5.12.x

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-09-21 04:44:40

@Virgo 

I came to this thread because I installed an ER707-M2 router on Sunday and by Wednesday it had this bug, showing disconnected with the controller but still working.

I just upgraded the OC200 to the release 5.12.9 and the router is still disconnected.  THIS WILL NOW REQUIRE A SITE VISIT TO REBOOT THE ROUTER. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.  If you cause a site visit unnecessarily, it means your QA is terrible and you don't know who your customers are. You've lost value proposition vs going with something stable (Ubiquiti and opnsense routers never caused a single site visit in 7 years of use, and TP-Link caused one in less than 72 hours!!!).

How could a site visit be avoided? Well, the router still reports being managed by the controller, so there is no reboot functionality in the webGUI of the router (FAIL!).  So then I SSH'd into the router to reboot it from there. ALSO NOT POSSIBLE.  This is epic fail, IMO.

Please add some experienced people to your QA team so they better understand what is not acceptable for business use.  This isn't home junk you can tell people to just randomly power cycle whenever bugs occur. Your whole value proposition is the monitoring, configuring and alerting of issues. You can't be the ones introducing bugs and removing monitoring, configuration and alerting.

How do I give my customer a bill for new TP-Link hardware that I promised all kinds of functionality, and then 3 days later I need to bill them for TP-Link bugs?

p.s. the symptoms point to this being a router issue, not a controller issue since the switches and EAP's never disconnected at the same time. So you're probably wanting logs from the router since it disconnected and failing to reconnect... BUT HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN WHEN THE WEBSERVER DOESN'T FUNCTION?

Options
2023-09-26 06:40:47

@Noorthbynorth 

Given that this bug has existed for more than 3 months and looking at the beta/release firmware cycles, it won't be another 3 months before they even look at fixing this bug.

I'll be returning 3 switches and a router due to the lack of QA for bugs like this. Unacceptable in a production/business environment.

Options
2023-09-26 06:47:31

@MaxBlitzer 

being a long-time member, don't see why you are so mad. there is technical support if you need direct help. that's free support and help from decent knowledgeable people.

the forum is just a place full of people with a good heart. not sure what you mean by hiring better people for the QA team.. lol

it's funny to see when there is literally technical support there you chose to ignore the direct phone line and email support. frown 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-09-26 07:13:05

@Tedd404 

What kind of silly response is this? Why bother responding at all if your setup isn't serious and can handle truck rolls/site visits to fix TP-Link bugs? Your response clearly indicates you have no clue about this bug and the effect, or else you'd know how much of a waste of time it would be making a phone call on this issue. This isn't a setup issue where a quick call to a technician would resolve it ("go to site, power cycle it". Waste of my time). It would simply be a call to complain about the issue, just as I am doing now, just not taking it out on the person on the call.

I've worked in QA for over a decade with wireless equipment. Preventing loss of management and causing a site visit ($$$/time) was a top priority. So I'm embarrassed for TP-Link that I ran into a showstopper level bug in less than 72 hours, while doing nothing out of the ordinary. No risky firmware updates, no change in VLAN's, no reboot to backup FW images, etc. Just plain 'ol normal operation for a small business.

There is nothing complex or extravagant in this setup. No VLAN's, no high device count, it was in operation for DAYS and failed. But that isn't the worst part, it's the lack of recoverability (no ability to reboot from webGUI or SSH), leading to a potential purchase of a remote power device to reboot the router and have it functioning properly again.

These are problems that usually occur when developers/QA do not actually use the equipment (aka "dog fooding it"). The lack of reboot recoverability clearly proves this.

Options
2023-09-26 07:37:39

@MaxBlitzer 

if you are a big partner or dealer, there is VIP support from either local tp-link employees providing direct help. 

i don't have 707-m2 to replicate what you said. but can you confirm that is 100% bug? if it is, you can report it to the team directly. i, once before, got a beta that was not released to the public but included in the official release. if what you said is true, you should ask for a test and a beta to fix your issue. 

point is that you can get direct help or if confirmed it's a bug, you can get a quick fix with a beta. but you chose not to. 

try email. the business team responds at least 1 business day. 

consider the price tag. and free support from them. you chose it because of the price, ain't you?

i am just saying you should seek direct help instead of pi$$ at someone on the forum. 

the disconnected issue is so common. it simply disconnects out of any reason? you just upgraded the device and did not touch any settings at all, it turned to disconnected? and never came back connected? 

useless pointing fingers at someone. give facts and see if there is a solution from the forum or the support. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-10-20 06:43:32

@Noorthbynorth Same here, also running ER707-M2 with fw 1.1.0. It just started happening a few days ago after it has been in this fw version for quite some while now, and now the issue is becoming more frequent. Traffic seems to be moving just fine (else would not be able to access my OC300 from outside the prem). Is there are solution to this? I don't see any in this thread.

Options
2023-10-20 08:02:05

Hi @Zack_Amin 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Zack_Amin wrote

@Noorthbynorth Same here, also running ER707-M2 with fw 1.1.0. It just started happening a few days ago after it has been in this fw version for quite some while now, and now the issue is becoming more frequent. Traffic seems to be moving just fine (else would not be able to access my OC300 from outside the prem). Is there are solution to this? I don't see any in this thread.

What is your controller version? Is it the latest one?

Your model is OC300, so it is powered up by power cable. Is there anything changed recently? Ethernet cable or any settings?

So, this disconnection started and repeats since the day you upgraded the firmware to 1.1.0?

How often does it disconnect a day? Does it recover itself?

I suggest you upgrade to the V1.1.1 beta as a temporary fix.

6. Fix the bug of frequent reconnection with Omada Controller.

Early Access ER707-M2 V1_1.1.1_Build 20230927 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller v5.12 (Released on Sep 27, 2023)

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Related Articles