Mesh AP not reconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mesh AP not reconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Mesh AP not reconnecting
Mesh AP not reconnecting
2023-06-22 09:44:35
Tags: #Mesh
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Cheers,

I've got a bit of a "probably holding this wrong" question, but I haven't been able to find useful hints while searching.

I'm using a fully mesh setup here, three APs with no wires between the lot of them.

AP A has a little network island containing the software controller.

AP B has the Internet gateway (FritzBox) for the LAN.

AP C is just slightly boring overall.

I just now changed AP from being wired with a separate PSU to being powered by PoE.

Since plugging it back in (lights are on, yeah), the AP doesn't want to jump back on the Mesh. The controller just shows it being disconnected, and even when waiting for ten minutes, there's no change to be had.

So, why is the AP not coming back on the Mesh? It'd kind of defeat the purpose of a mesh if I'd have to run a wire over there for provisioning...

Options
3 Reply
Re:Mesh AP not reconnecting
2023-06-22 18:49:34 - last edited 2023-06-22 18:50:50

Can you paste a screen grab from your controller showing the Topology with labels turned on?  My guess is your switch setup is somehow blocking access to the controller.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-06-24 23:10:05

@towo 

The ROOT and MESH nodes need to be on the same channel, it could be if you have these as AUTO they are not on that same channel.   Set them for Manual and reboot, see if it reconnects then

Options
2023-06-26 10:37:02

@towo I would personally start by performing a reset on the AP in question. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 351

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles