AP IS HAVING MORE ISOLATED ISSUE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-30 15:27:19 - last edited 2023-07-06 13:15:11
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

HI GUYS, WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE ROOT OF THIS PROBLEM, IM GETTING MORE AND MORE ERROR ABOUT MY AP GETTING ISOLATED. AT FIRST IT WAS OK UNTIL 2 DAYS AGO IM HAVING THIS AND MY CLIENTS ARE UPSET PLEASE HELP

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:AP IS HAVING MORE ISOLATED ISSUE -Solution
2023-07-01 14:15:17 - last edited 2023-07-06 13:15:11

@Eisen 

If the Mesh signal is weak or suffering interference then either of these will cause the isolation issue.  I noticed a degradation in the mesh backhaul when it's very humid or there is active precipitation.  Of course, somebody may have just fired up a new device (or an old one changed channels) and now you have a lot more local noise around the problem AP.  Flaky power (maybe swap POE injectors and calbes between units and see if problem moves?), overheating can also cause 'isolations'.

Are you using a 5.8G channel that supports maximum power in your geographic region?

What does the signal strength look like?  Here's a pretty happy meshed node on my network (low usage right now due to holiday/TOD)

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-01 14:19:30 - last edited 2023-07-06 13:15:14

@Eisen Also, if you turn on the 'Link Labels' in your topology/mapping you can see more detail on the connection:

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2023-07-01 14:15:17 - last edited 2023-07-06 13:15:11

@Eisen 

If the Mesh signal is weak or suffering interference then either of these will cause the isolation issue.  I noticed a degradation in the mesh backhaul when it's very humid or there is active precipitation.  Of course, somebody may have just fired up a new device (or an old one changed channels) and now you have a lot more local noise around the problem AP.  Flaky power (maybe swap POE injectors and calbes between units and see if problem moves?), overheating can also cause 'isolations'.

Are you using a 5.8G channel that supports maximum power in your geographic region?

What does the signal strength look like?  Here's a pretty happy meshed node on my network (low usage right now due to holiday/TOD)

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-01 14:19:30 - last edited 2023-07-06 13:15:14

@Eisen Also, if you turn on the 'Link Labels' in your topology/mapping you can see more detail on the connection:

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:AP IS HAVING MORE ISOLATED ISSUE
2023-07-06 13:15:50

@d0ugmac1 thanks my mesh is now good thanks to your suggestion 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 383

Replies: 3

Related Articles