ER8411 V1_1.1.0 Build 20230705 Official Firmware (Released on July 11th, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-17 02:20:53 - last edited 2023-12-21 06:04:18
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0_Build 20230705(Official)

This Article Applies to: 

ER8411 v1 _1.1.0_Build 20230705 (Fully adapted to Omada SDN Controller v5.8)

Release Notes:

New Feature/Enhancement:

1. Add stateful ACL.
2. Add mDNS Repeater.
3. Add support for setting port speed and duplex mode in Controller mode.
4. Add support for setting port mirroring in Controller mode.
5. Optimized the logic of judging Me in ACL. If you need to use ACL to restrict the connection to VPN client, please select Me in Destination. Please note that if Me is included before the upgrade, the client may not be able to access the Web UI after the upgrade.
6. Add support for displaying the Source IP address of large Ping attack packets.
7. Add Non-Address mode for IPv6.
8. Optimized the DNS settings on the WAN side, the WAN side cannot set the DNS Server of the same network segment as the LAN.
9. Add IP-MAC binding in Controller mode. 10. Add One-to-One NAT in Controller mode.
11. DHCP Server's DNS support for adding network addresses.
12. Add "Certificate + Account" mode for OpenVPN.
13. Add support to customize DNS server for VPN servers in Controller mode.
14. Add "Custom IP" type for Local Networks in Controller mode.
15. Add "IP Address Range" type to VPN IP Pool in Controller mode.
16. Add support for custom Local IP Address for L2TP/PPTP VPN Users in Controller mode.
17. Add support for CLI configuration in Standalone mode.
18. Add Reboot Schedule in Standalone mode.
19. Add DHCPv6 PD Server in Standalone mode.
20. Add support for DHCP Options Customization.
21. Add MRU Configuration for PPPoE.
22. Add Full mode for OpenVPN.
23. Add IPsec Failover function.
24. Add SHA2-384 and SHA2-512 for IPsec.
25. Add import DHCP Reservation Entry and export to IP-MAC Binding Entry.
26. Add Keywords mode for URL Filtering in Controller mode.
27. Add modification to port PVID in Controller mode.
28. Add Bonjour Service, Service, and Client Network options for mDNS.
29. Add Quality of Service function.
30. Add DDNS Customization.
31. Add DNS Proxy, with DNSSEC, DoH, and DoT supported.
32. Add Bridge VLAN: you can bind multiple VLANs with one LAN interface.
33. Add VoIP data only goes from a certain WAN port, and that WAN port only allows VoIP to pass through.
34. Add the ability to enable flow control by default in controller mode.
35. Add WireGuard VPN.

Firmware Download:

• Direct Download:

ER8411(UN)_V1_1.1.0 Build 20230705   Full Release Note >

Note:

1. The firmware is applied to ER8411 V1.

2. Your device’s configuration won’t be lost after upgrading.

3. The above firmware is partly adapted to Omada SDN Controller 5.8.

4. The firmware file mentioned above is too large to be upgraded on Omada Hardware Controllers OC200/OC300 v5.9 or earlier versions. However, you can choose to upgrade the firmware in Standalone mode. Controllers v5.11 and later versions will optimize this process.

• Download From TP-Link Global "EN" Website:

ER8411(UN)_V1:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/er8411/#Firmware

> Notes < 

(1) The official firmware is normally released to the Cloud ahead of the official website or the forum as it doesn't require further manual editing. Generally speaking, the official firmware will be pushed to the Cloud first, then the TP-Link global "EN" website, this global "EN" forum, and later the TP-Link local websites. In rare occasions, the new release will be published to the global "EN" website ahead of the Cloud, which will be announced in the global "EN" forum, like this.

(2) The firmware upgrades for the wired products including Omada Controller, Router and Switch are universal, so you can download the firmware files from the global "EN" website or this forum to enjoy the new release. For wireless products such as Omada EAP, due to the limitation of local wireless laws and regulations, the firmware may be divided into different versions such as EU/US/CA/... , it's suggested to upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website accordingly.

(3) At present, only the new firmware release for the Omada Controller and Router will be continuously updated in this global "EN" forum. To get notified with the new release of Omada SDN Controller, welcome to subscribe to Topic 245226To get notified with the new release of Omada Routers, welcome to subscribe to Topic 255644. For other product lines, please check for updates via the Cloud or from the TP-Link official websites.

Any further feedback on the new firmware, please feel free to start a new thread from HERE.

To get better assistance, you may check Tips For Efficiently Reporting an Issue In The Community.

When reporting an issue, especially it's about firmware upgrade, it's suggested to include the following info:

-- Management mode (Controller or Standalone)

-- Device Model(s) and Hardware

-- Device Firmware (previous and current)

Thank you in advance for your great cooperation and support. See you in the forums soon!

Related Threads:

Get the Latest Firmware Releases for Omada Routers Here - Subscribe for Updates

Current Available Solutions to Omada Router Related Issues [Actively Updated, Post for Subscription]

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
15 Reply
Re:ER8411 V1_1.1.0 Official Firmware (Released on July 11th, 2023)
2023-07-17 23:21:59

@Clive_A 

firmware sends my router into a boot loop, same as the 1.04 beta. I’ve send emails to tech support and they stopped responding on the 30th

Options
2023-07-18 00:57:41 - last edited 2023-07-18 01:04:30

Hi @IamMurphy 

I appreciate that you bring your problem with the router to my attention. I read your emails, and the case now is under the senior engineer's name. Sorry for the delay in replies from our senior engineer. What is the Cloud Controller version of yours?

About the heartbeat missed, does it persist on your router and switches? For the disconnected EAPs, have you tried to readopt them and see if they can recover to a stable status?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-18 01:28:07

@Clive_A 

cloud controller is 5.10.50

i had to go back to my oc200 v2 running 5.11.10 as the heart beat missed persisted with the cloud controller.

i have wiped each device and readopted and no change, I am beginning to think it’s a hardware issue with my er8411.

when I installed the newest firmware the cpu and memory usage were pegged near 100% between boot loops 

Options
2023-07-18 01:45:07

Hi @IamMurphy 

Thanks for your quick reply.

Can I confirm that you are saying that either your ER8411 is on 1.1.0 official or on 1.0.3 beta, both firmware can lead to the same 100% CPU usage and a loop of heartbeat missed and disconnected.

For any other devices, do they have the same problem? Loop adoption?

Options
2023-07-18 01:49:15

@Clive_A 

the 100% usage and boot loop occurred on 1.04 beta and new official 1.1.0

the heart beat issue was on 1.03 while using the cloud controller. Going back to oc200 has resolved that 

Options
2023-07-18 01:59:47 - last edited 2023-07-18 02:02:04

@IamMurphy 

I see. It's in a boot loop which seems to be a hardware issue now? I gotta confirm again, the heartbeat missed and the disconnected issue do not appear on other of your devices.

Now, the problem lies in the ER8411. It's not working, just booting again and again. Lights on and seconds later off, and in a loop. Do I understand you correctly?

Does this happen after several firmware up/downgrades? Can you confirm all power cables are well connected?

Or if the router can still work, stably getting power and can stay on, that means we still have a chance to firmware recover it to repair software problems, try out the How to use the Emergency Mode to recovery the firmware for Omada Gateways

Download firmware from here

Options
2023-07-18 02:08:06

@Clive_A 

the er8411 will power on when on 1.04 and 1.1.0 connect and be on for 5 - 10 minutes with cpu and memory pinned to 100% and than repeat. All connecters are secure and have tried connected to the ups and not.

the heartbeat missed affected all devices when using the software cloud controller. 

Its gone using the oc200

Options
2023-07-18 02:15:35

Hi @IamMurphy 

Thanks for the information. One last question about your OC200 firmware version, is it on V5.9 or V5.11? I'll put your case at the highest priority and process it.

Options
2023-07-18 02:18:10

@Clive_A 

V5.11 

Id prefer to be using the cloud controller as I’ve paid for all the licenses but the heartbeat missed and drop out was to much. The oc200 has corrected that thankfully 

Options
2023-07-18 03:37:50 - last edited 2023-07-18 03:38:16

Hi @IamMurphy 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230729813, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options