BANDWIDTH/SPEED RETRIEVAL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-23 15:40:43 - last edited 2023-07-25 02:11:04
Tags: #CLI
Model: TL-SX3008F  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

How can I get the current bandwidth/speed of the TL-SX3008F using the CLI?

I would like to read the bandwidth/speed value using a command, so I can update the current bandwidth/speed value in an application.

Thanks in advance.

Options
7 Reply
Re:BANDWIDTH/SPEED RETRIEVAL
2023-07-24 06:29:10 - last edited 2023-07-31 06:54:24

Hi @AVAM_NO 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

That would be resolved if you can take a look at the CLI User Guide for this switch.

Search this model on our official website and click support to get redirected to the support page. There you can find the User Guide of this switch.

If you need to learn about the speed:

show system-info interface

If you want to find out the link speed.

Example:

Switch(config)# interface gigabitEthernet 1/0/3

# interface ten-gi 1/0/7

Note: ten-gi 1/0/7 instead of the gigabitEthernet 1/0/7 if you are using a 10Gbps device.

Switch(config-if)# speed 100

Or port mirror to show the details of the traffic flow:

Switch(config)#monitor session 1 destination interface gigabitEthernet 1/0/1

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-24 12:12:34

@AVAM_NO 

Hi,

Thank you for your support.

I tried using the following command: 

[TL-SX3008F(config)# interface gigabitEthernet 1/0/3]
but I got the following response: 

[Invalid port number.]

How can I know which port number is valid to get the current speed of a connected channel?

Thanks in advance.

Options
2023-07-25 02:12:57

Hi @AVAM_NO 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Have you referred to the User Guide?

CLI is not used like that...

interface gigabitEthernet 1/0/3

Don't include the switch model as it is merely used for demo to show what you should see on the console. 

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-25 16:21:23

@Clive_A 

I tried the following see below:

For each command that I used with the above port or another, I got the same error.

Could you assist?

Is there a way to get the current utilization of the bandwidth using CLI?

Thanks in advance

Options
2023-07-26 00:57:02

Hi @AVAM_NO

This is a 10Gbps fiber switch. I was pasting a generic command line from the User Guide for explanation and illustration.

If the switch is 10Gb, use the command ten-gi 1/0/7 instead of the gigabitEthernet 1/0/7.

Options
2023-07-30 08:49:49

@AVAM_NO 

Hi,

Is there a way to get the current Bandwidth utilization of RX/TX of a selected port using the CLI or some other way(similarly to what I see in system summary-> port status at the Web GUI interface(192.168.0.1))?

I want to get the current utilization as a parameter from a command.

Options
2023-07-31 06:53:10

Hi @AVAM_NO 

Did you try what I posted earlier?

show system-info interface

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 564

Replies: 7

Tags

Related Articles