ER7212PC V1_1.0.4_Build 20230724 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on July 25th, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER7212PC V1_1.0.4_Build 20230724 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on July 25th, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-25 09:41:07 - last edited 2023-08-25 06:38:31

This Article Applies to:  ER7212PC V1_1.0.4_Build 20230724 (Beta) |  Built-in Omada SDN Controller v5.8.21 and fully adapted to Omada SDN Controller v5.8.21

Hello Everyone,

This release is mainly to fix some issues based on the ER7212PC V1 1.0.3 official firmware. Please check the following release notes for more about the fixes.

The Purpose of the Beta Firmware

We hope to help you fix the potential issues quickly for a better usage experience,  and also give us TP-Link the opportunity to fully test the firmware in your real network environment and scenarios before the official release.

Release Notes

New Feature/Enhancement

1. Add stateful ACL.
2. Add mDNS Repeater .
3. Add support for setting port speed and duplex mode in Controller mode.
4. Add support for setting port mirroring in Controller mode.
5. Optimized the logic of judging Me in ACL. If you need to use ACL to restrict the connection to VPN client, please select Me in Destination. Please note that if Me is included before the upgrade, the client may not be able to access the Web UI after the upgrade.
6. Add support for displaying the Source IP address of large Ping attack packets.
7. Optimized the DNS settings on the WAN side, the WAN side cannot set the DNS Server of the same network segment as the LAN.
8. DHCP Server's DNS support for adding network addresses.
9. Add "Certificate + Account" mode for OpenVPN.
10. Add IP-MAC binding in Controller mode.
11. Add One-to-One NAT in Controller mode.
12. Add "Custom IP" type for Local Networks in Controller mode.
13. Add "IP Address Range" type to VPN IP Pool in Controller mode.
14. Add Time based ACL in Controller mode.
15. Optimized Auto IPsec in Controller mode.
16. Add support for DHCP Option field.

• Option 2: Time Offset
  • Option 42: NTP Server Network Boot,
  • Option 67: TFTP Server
  • Option 252: WPAD URL DHCP
  • Options Customization

17. Add MRU Configuration for PPPoE.
18. Add Full mode for OpenVPN.
19. Add SHA2-384 and SHA2-512 for IPsec.
20. Add import DHCP Reservation Entry and export to IP-MAC Binding Entry.
21. Add Bonjour Service, Service, and Client Network options for mDNS.
22. Add Keywords mode for URL Filtering in Controller mode.
23. Add Quality of Service function.
24. Add IPsec Failover function.
25. Add VoIP data only goes from a certain WAN port, and that WAN port only allows VoIP to pass through.
26. Add DDNS Customization.
27. Add modification to port PVID in Controller mode.
28. Add support multiple WAN interfaces for policy routing in controller mode.
29. Optimized the judgment logic of large ping attack/WAN ping attack.

Bug Fixed:

1. Fix the bug that DHCP Server cannot assign an IP address when a large number of clients make DHCP requests at the same time.
2. Fix the bug of not being able to assign the correct reserved IP address.
3. Fix the bug of memory leak caused by mDNS.

Beta Firmware Download

Please be sure you have read the Beta Test Agreement before upgrading the Beta firmware!

ER7212PC V1_1.0.4_Build 20230724 (Beta)

Notes:

(1) The above firmware is applied to ER7212PC(UN) V1.
(2) 
Your device’s configuration won’t be lost after upgrading.
(3) The above firmware is fully adapted to Omada SDN Controller 5.8.21.

Feedback

Any further feedback on the new firmware, please feel free to comment below or start a new thread from HERE.

To get better assistance, you may check Tips For Efficiently Reporting an Issue In The Community.

When reporting an issue, especially it's about firmware upgrade, it's suggested to include the following info:

• Management mode (Controller or Standalone)
  • Device Model(s) and Hardware
  • Device Firmware (previous and current)

Thank you in advance for your great cooperation and support.

Recommended Threads

Get the Latest Firmware Releases for Omada Routers Here - Subscribe for Updates

Current Available Solutions to Omada Router Related Issues [Actively Updated, Post for Subscription]

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
29 Reply
Re:ER7212PC V1_1.0.4_Build 20230724 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on July 25th, 2023)
2023-07-29 08:10:49

@Clive_A I have had issues with both the previous firmware and now with this one with Airprint using the Canon TR7560. It connects after a reboot of the gateway and clearing the mac address under insight but then loses connection when I reboot the gateway. I noticed that mDNS in both the last version and this one have the Gateway Device Type greyed out and is not a choice whereas in the 7206 it is available. 

Great to see that we can now power cycle the router port with POE.

This version also still does not see the ports as a switch and therefore the Switch ACL rules if setup do not work to stop traffic between VLAN's. I do not want ACL rules on the EAP. 

I have also noticed some DHCP issues where some of the IoT devices like the Tado AC controllers I have, they do not reestablish connection occassionally after a gateway reboot even with an assigned IP address that does not conflict, they only connect when I reboot the devices themselves. It almost appears that the network address table doesn't refresh to change it at the device. I am no expert but that is how it appears.

Is there anything I need to try and or do differently? I am of the opinion that until the controller reaches a certain version this device will not reach the capacity of a proper 3 in 1 with the switch ports acting like proper switch ports accepting all controller rules seen in software controller versions 5.9 and above.

Options
Re:ER7212PC V1_1.0.4_Build 20230724 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on July 25th, 2023)
2023-07-31 01:27:19

Hi @dgrintz 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

First, this is a gateway instead of a switch. So the switch feature is not available for it. We still classify this as a gateway which explains why you cannot use the switch ACL.

Second, can you try out the incognito mode to see if the mDNS is available for your device?

Regarding the DHCP issue, I cannot say this is a server issue if I don't have any further details in your description.

Here's how DHCP works.

Since you mentioned that you have rebooted the router, and it does not work until you reboot your devices. Is there a possibility that your device is actually malfunctioning in sending DHCP discover packet?

I gave this statement based on your description that you rebooted your AC Controller and it gets back to work again with an IP. So, it is possible that your device did not send a discover packet so that the DHCP server does not respond.

To verify this, you have to do a port mirror. Mirror this port as a mirrored port for AC Controller. Use another computer as the mirroring port. This needs to be configured first in port configuration. Then follow the guide How to capture packets using Wireshark on SMB router or switch

You can use DHCP as the filter to find any related DHCP details.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-31 10:08:14

@Clive_A 

why still 5.8?

does this mean that problem with no dashboard is still there?

Options
2023-07-31 15:50:18 - last edited 2023-07-31 15:54:32

@Clive_A Thanks for your detailed response. After much testing I pinpointed the Airprint issue to an incompatibility with WPA3 wifi security. The printer whilst it looked connected to Wi-Fi was actually not communicating, disconnecting it and trying to reconnect it back onto the same SSID did not connect as a result of WPA3. When I lowered the security and connected the printer to WPA/WPA2-PSK mode the Airprint worked immediately. I am not using a switch between the gateway (ER7212PC) and my 4 x EAP615-Wall V1.0 units with firmware 1.1.6 which are directly connected to it.

I was hoping this 3 in 1 could do away with a switch but I now understand that it is a Gateway, Router and Controller as the 3 in 1 if I am not mistaken.

Below is the mode that is stopping the Canon TR7560 from reconnecting to Wi-Fi. I also tried disabling the 802.11r setting and Group Key Update Period without success.

I am still testing the DHCP functionality with the other devices.

Options
2023-08-01 00:55:40

Hi @dgrintz 

Good to know that the printer is working now. This is a rather common thing that happened to "outdated" wireless products. Manufacturers are reluctant to update their wireless chipset plan to support more updated WPA3. Quite a common thing happens to the IoT, some TVs, and printers. While WIFI6 introduced the WPA3 as the latest gen of encryption.

It's a router-switch-controller thing. TBH, any router with multiple LAN ports can be said a router switch. These ports are used for local networks. Unlike the dedicated switch, it is eventually categorized as a router.

You can start a new thread later if you have trouble with the DHCP thing.

Options
2023-08-01 06:16:25

Hi @Toine

I am not seeing this mentioned in the release note while I posted it. You can download and try it as it fixed some bugs.

Options
2023-08-01 06:58:37

Hello,

Updated to this beta firmware to see if it would help with some internet drop outs we're seeing on some mobile phones.  Been running just a few days and still have the internet dropouts but also now have a lot of WPA failures where i used to have zero, like 12,400 currently. thought i'd report here in case a bug.

ER7212PC 

Options
2023-08-06 11:17:41

@Clive_A 

Hi,

I've also been having WPA failures since updated to the beta firmware.

Can this please be addressed in the release version? Thanks!

Options
2023-08-07 01:25:06

Hi @tVSf 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

We have noticed several feedback on this and I have reported it to the senior engineers and dev team. If your wireless network is not affected, then you don't have to worry about that.

I currently cannot guarantee it'll be 100% addressed in the public release. But whatever you reported, I'll pass it on to the related teams.

Options
2023-08-07 01:35:34

Hi @tVSf & @JCUK

By the way, can I know what firmware version you used before the upgrade? Did this issue exist on your previous firmware?

Please let me know more details so I can better help you.

Options