PRIORITY TO GAMERS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

PRIORITY TO GAMERS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
PRIORITY TO GAMERS
PRIORITY TO GAMERS
2023-07-26 15:42:54
Model: SG2008P  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.5

Hi guys, I'm having problem because my clients aren't happy with how our OMADA system can't prioritize their gaming experience over those who are using Mikrotek which have gaming priority. specially this game called MOBILE LEGENDS which is very demanding in terms of latency. is there a setting in which I can prioritize those gamer clients? if there is please show me the steps on how to configure because this means a lot to me thanks 

Options
5 Reply
Re:PRIORITY TO GAMERS
2023-07-26 19:45:10

@Eisen 

Can you give us more details on your clients setup?

Whats the WAN speeds?

Thanks,

KG!

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-07-26 19:49:48

@Eisen 

Which APs did you install for this client? How many wireless devices does he have running?

Options
2023-07-27 17:34:53

@KimcheeGUN sorry my bad for not going into full details. my setup is hotspot via voucher and I'm using EAP610 and EAP225 both outdoors. though what makes this a little bit complicated is that my ISP is a starlink. because we are on an isolated island.

Options
2023-07-27 18:27:43

@Eisen 

No Problem...  You're not going to get much more latency out of StarLink.  I have 1 client who has it, 98% of the time it works and works great.  The 2% drives him nuts.  

Here's the question I have... Lets confirm that the users (wireless devices) have good signal and TX/RX are good.

Go into the client list and click on the top right THREE dots and check Signal, Wireless Connection, RX, TX.  Then organize the client list by Signal strength.  Please confirm everyone has signal better than -73'ish.  On Both Bands (2.4 and 5).  Knowing your clients have GOOD wireless signal will level out the playing field for your users.  

IF your users have high then -73... This means theyre on a shaky connection.  Set Mini Rssi on -73 (a good starting point) on both bands.  This will force the client to roam properly between both bands and then BETWEEN each APs.  So they can get the best signal.  Beware, you may have dead spots with this settings... you may need to install another AP.

IF your users have LOW numbers on the RX/TX the channel should be changed.  Set nightly wireless optimization.  

WITH these 2 options, this will level out the playing field... BUT also will confirm your INTERNAL network is playing HAPPY.  Once this is settled, you can move on to the router settings and even StarLink.  But Getting Step 1 done, will work miracles.  

Options
2023-07-28 10:55:12

@Eisen Starlink isn't really designed for gaming.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 743

Replies: 5

Related Articles