Client to Client over openvpn

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-29 13:15:51
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Good afternoon

im looking for some help/advise if possible im new to all of this and learning along the way 

i have been given a project so my customer can see all his CCTV systems around the country from one location 

so i have decided to host a vpn server on my er605 which has a static ip address and using openvpn server on the router

on each site there is a 4g router and a er605 the ER is the open vpn client and a nvr (a fixed ip sim is not possible due to cost and ddns does not work on 4g due to been cgnat )

i have managed to get 2 sites connected to my open vpn server the problem im having is that the server end can see both devices but i cannot get each client to see each other which i need is there any way of making this happen

thank you 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Client to Client over openvpn
2023-07-31 03:47:05

Hi @colt83 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This router does not support this feature.

But based on this article, you can try to enable full-tunnel mode: How to configure PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN Client to access peer server through site-to-site VPN using business router

And check if you can find other clients. If no, then there is no other workaround I can think of.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Client to Client over openvpn
2023-07-31 08:33:51

@colt83 

You might find this https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3363/ useful.

Although Ive no direct experience of Openvpn, I tend to use IPSEC which wont work in your configuration.

However I suspect the significant factors are :

1) All the remote client sites need to be in different local  subnets

2) The IP address range entered in Local Network on your VPN server should include all the LAN IP address ranges of all the clients

For example, the range of 192.168.0.1/16 includes 192.168.0.1/24 and 192.168.20.1/24

3) set the VPN IP Pool and the LAN IP of your Router  in the same network segment . You probably need to reduce the LAN DHCP pool so as to not clash with the VPN pool.

Good luck...

Options