ER7206 controlled by OC200 with 2 WAN enabled - port forward for Plex or Home Assistant not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER7206 controlled by OC200 with 2 WAN enabled - port forward for Plex or Home Assistant not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:ER7206 controlled by OC200 with 2 WAN enabled - port forward for Plex or Home Assistant not working
2023-09-11 22:51:02 - last edited 2023-09-11 22:51:54

@d0ugmac1 

Hi,

sorry for the long delay on reporting back but vacations and testing made me take this long.

after much poking around I was able to fix my setBox for the TV service to work on a specific port using a specific WAN but everything else is driving me nuts without much success.

I have 1 TV which uses AndroidTV service and for me to get service in there the app on the TV needs to connect to a specific ISP (which is the one I'm using on WAN1, the primary is on WAN0).

I'm also running some tests on my desktop to see if things works and trying to check which WAN i'm using by going to whatsmyip(dot)org and see what gets amounced and.. I'm not getting much luck.

I made everything like you suggested on post #2 but somehow the damn routing doesn't seem to work properly or at all.

let me share some screenshots on what I have right now.

everything is running with IP Reservation so I won't run into the scenario of point to the wrong IP.

Created 2 IP groups

which links to 2 IP Address Lists:

I have Load Balancing enabled because it needs to be using the following options (Link backup is OFF):

With all the above done, I have the following Policy Routing:

As everyone can see, one group should go to WAN1 and the other to WAN but something this isn't working and I can't figured out why.

Options
Re:ER7206 controlled by OC200 with 2 WAN enabled - port forward for Plex or Home Assistant not working
2023-09-12 03:25:03

@Tretabyte 

Are you running in standalone mode now?  Your screen grabs seem to be from the native router UI and not the Controller screens.  We started off with a Controller...

As I understand it, you need at least one of your clients to always access the internet via a specific WAN port, and from what I can tell this is now working.

The problem you are experiencing with routing is not clear.  With loadbalancing enabled, it is true that you could appear to access the internet from a random WAN and this would be normal based on your config.  Is that the problem?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-09-12 09:51:56

d0ugmac1 wrote

@Tretabyte 

Are you running in standalone mode now?  Your screen grabs seem to be from the native router UI and not the Controller screens.  We started off with a Controller...

@d0ugmac1 

I followed your suggestion and restarted the all thing from scratch, since the controller sometimes doesn't help on the process I took it off for now and went directly to the routerUI (which in many cases is alot easier to handle).

d0ugmac1 wrote

As I understand it, you need at least one of your clients to always access the internet via a specific WAN port, and from what I can tell this is now working.

The IPTV box yes, I was able to enable and properly configured IPTV bridge to a specific port, that seems to be working without issues.

d0ugmac1 wrote

The problem you are experiencing with routing is not clear.  With loadbalancing enabled, it is true that you could appear to access the internet from a random WAN and this would be normal based on your config.  Is that the problem?

The problem is that on 2 other clients, that are not IPTV specific, they should access the internet with a specific WAN but it seems to be not the case although all routing seems to be properly configured.

From the above configuration I pasted, the client on the Desktop group should always go out using the WAN port, the client(s) under MEOBOX_group should always go out using WAN1 port.

The weird behavior is that sometimes this seems to work, others not so much and for me the configuration seems to be done properly.

Options
2023-09-12 12:42:58

@Tretabyte 

Ok, well the second two groups should be no different, than the IPTV box, but there could always be a firmware hiccup. between single IP or Port and a group.

So, you have one Policy Route that is working for the IPTV box (single IP?), and two that are not (for the above mentioned two IP groups).

I assume there is no way to logically separate clients of the two groups to specific port/ports?

If the above is a No, then you have clients in the same subnet that need to egress specific WAN ports.  IF the group Policy Route is not working, does it work if you create individual rules for each IP?

Options
2023-09-28 14:59:49

@d0ugmac1 

Sorry for the late reply but been testing this as much as possible trying to understand what's happening but it's weird.

After I read your last reply I went into the config page and redid all the configs and... I didn't change a thing but all the sudden everything started working perfectly, TV going out from the WAN it was supposed to, the tests I did oh my Desktop the same, I even changed it mid flight and it updated the routing correctly so.. don't know what I did wrong before but now everything is working!

thanks for your patience!

Options
2023-09-28 16:32:20
Glad to hear all is up and running! Thanks for the check-in
Options
Related Articles