EAP Beta Firmware for Omada SDN Controller v5.9 (Updated on May 6th, 2024)- [Thread Closed]

EAP Beta Firmware for Omada SDN Controller v5.9 (Updated on May 6th, 2024)- [Thread Closed]

275 Reply
Re:EAP Beta Firmware for Omada SDN Controller v5.9 (Updated on Aug 2nd, 2023)
2023-08-11 09:23:16

Hello @bentoboxchicken,

bentoboxchicken wrote

@Fae  I updated my original post. The unit i had was refurbished and likely defective. After replacing it with a new one, firmware upgrade went through without issue.

Thank you for updating the issue. Glad to know that the 1.0.11 Beta firmware went through without issue on your new EAP670. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:EAP Beta Firmware for Omada SDN Controller v5.9 (Updated on Aug 7th, 2023)
2023-08-12 01:22:11

@Hank21

Dear,

I come here to thank you for the kindness with the work employed in solving problems with the firmwares.
I'm new to this kind of TP-Link solutions and I don't have deep networking experience like others, but I'm looking. If I say any inconsistency, feel free to correct it. I'm all ears.

I received my ER605 V2 last week and my EAP670 V1 the day before yesterday. I speak from Brazil, Rio de Janeiro.

My EAP670 V1 came with firmware 1.06. I felt something very stable, but the 2.4 GHz signal was very low. I even need to talk about it. I decided to make my environment more secure, so I had to make a decision on replacing my AX73. It was difficult because of the robustness of the device, but I didn't regret choosing Omada. The only thing, however, is that the 2.4 GHz EAP670V1 does not have an 80Hz channel and the AX73 does. Is the hardware weaker than the AX73???

I arrived at this post and saw this firmware BETA 1_1.0.11_Build 20230702. I applied it, did some tests and out of nowhere it kind of crashed and wouldn't leave the Adopt position anymore. I restarted, normalized and restarted the tests. I applied AI to channel optimization and it got really crazy here, generating huge instability. Not even disabling resolved. I reset and did everything again. Same thing. I decided to go back to firmware 1.02 for the EAP670 V1 (they need to update the firmware site for this version, because the version is 1.06), I updated it via Controller Omada to version 6 and redid the settings, normalizing everything.

However, the signal did not reach the kitchen and the AX73 was rough on that. I thought it could be the lack of the 80Hz channel on the 2.4 GHz.

I looked at this post again and decided to update again to the latest firmware yesterday, 8/10. The signal has improved A LOT! Now it arrives in the kitchen and the stability is much better. Even broadband speed tests work better. At 2.4 GHz my smart home devices congratulate TP-Link for that.

Really grateful.

Issues that I find annoying but could be due to lack of knowledge on my part:
1 - Changing from one VLAN to another with IPs outside the 1.92.168.x.x range, hangs in identifying the new network and nothing is actually done. Ex: Change the ip range to another segment, for example 9.7.3.x;
2 - Activation of AI optimization caused several constant disconnection and reconnection issues;
3 - There is no 80Hz channel on 2.4 GHz;
4- I applied web routing only for the management VLAN, but it seems to have released for the other VLANs and I want to limit it very well by VLANs and ports;
5 - I noticed that the EAP670 V1 disappeared here from Omada, but when pressing F5 it appeared. I don't know if this was a mistake, but it felt good to report this.

Doubts:
1 - To work with VLANs per port on the ER605 do I really need the switch? I noticed by the logic that it is fundamental, but I could be wrong;
2 - Gateway ACLs like the ER605 would only have real functionality on the device itself, as I carried out this configuration with a VLAN for a port, where on this port the computer should get the defined IP, but I noticed that with the new Beta version, my Controller Omada by software is lost and I can't reach it anymore, because I'm in this VLAN.
Is this behavior correct when we configure the same port with the management VLAN? It was here that I realized that the use of a switch was mandatory.

Positive perceptions:
1- I noticed that when I changed the VLAN and lost management, all devices continued to work. That was great for thinking about what it would be like with everyone else hanging in the other VLANs;
2- The signal has improved a lot. It also seems to have reduced the noise.

Suggestions:
1- I have it on the Ax73 and I wish it also had it on the EAP670 V1, it's the setting to turn off the LED by schedule;
2- I couldn't find here in Brazil a managed switch with 5 and 8 ports with PoE+ with 2.5Ghz ports. Models with and without SFP+. Do you have the notion that you are losing markets by not taking better advantage of the necessary scenarios? The more specialized gamer and/or IT audience who don't need as many ports use resources at this level and Omada has gained importance among them. I really wanted a 5 or 8 port switch with these features. I hope TP-Link manufactures this for us.

Thank you very much TP-Link. Please consolidate the work you are doing for compliance and better feature stability. When I met the line, my eyes lit up. When I tried it, I realized that there are still flaws and that it is not perfect. However, I am sure that if they continue in this direction, listening to their customers, they will achieve product evolution in a short time. TP-Link has a great environment with Omada and I really want them to evolve quickly on that.

Surprise us!

Options
2023-08-14 03:51:26 - last edited 2023-08-14 03:57:13

@Hank21 

Hi, hope you are doing great, after updating my home network APs to beta versions.

I have lost roaming capabilities and i have to switch off and switch on the device WIFI to reconnect to the nearest AP.

Observing this phenomenon post upgrade for a week now.

Appreciate your feedback and recommendations.

Regards

Below screen snap of devices in the network.

OC200 Controller

Options
2023-08-14 06:58:00

Is there any chance for EAP110-Outdoor and EAP225-Outdoor to be added?

Options
2023-08-14 09:17:11

Hello @ceejaybassist,

ceejaybassist wrote

Is there any chance for EAP110-Outdoor and EAP225-Outdoor to be added?

May I know the hardware version of your EAP110-Outdoor and EAP225-Outdoor? V1 or V4?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-08-14 09:45:23 - last edited 2023-08-14 09:45:43

@Fae  Both are V3.

Options
2023-08-14 09:51:38

Hello @Kash01976,

Kash01976 wrote

I have lost roaming capabilities and i have to switch off and switch on the device WIFI to reconnect to the nearest AP.

Observing this phenomenon post upgrade for a week now.

Roaming is the behavior of the client. A wireless client will decide to shift to another available AP when its received signal gets weaker than the threshold & it detects a better Wi-Fi signal from that AP than the one it's currently associated with. If the roaming doesn't happen on your wireless client, it may not be the fault of the AP. The issue may not caused by the firmware upgrade.

For your case, you may refer to the following article to know more about roaming and try further troubleshooting:

Getting To Know Fast Roaming (aka Seamless Roaming) of Omada EAP Products.

If need further assistance to look into the issue further, it's suggested to click here to start a new thread with the following information attached:

1. An image of your Fast Roaming configuration

2. Tell what you have tried and what's the result

3. Tell whether the Lock to AP feature is enabled on your moving client, try disable it and see what will happen.

Options
2023-08-14 09:56:20

Hello @ceejaybassist,

Thanks for the info. The AX series AP may get ready for early access in priority upon the current information.

When there is a new firmware on EAP110-Outdoor or EAP225-Outdoor V3 for early access, I'll try to tag you here for your attention.

Options
2023-08-14 11:52:28

Hello @Artur.Aragao,

Thank you for taking your time to write all these feedback on TP-Link Business Community!

We are glad to know that the EAP670 v1_1.0.11_Build 20230702 Beta firmware has been successfully upgraded on your second attempt, and it's great that you get better 2.4 GHz signal after the upgrade.

Regarding the issues/doubts/suggestions, since they cover different aspects and don't have much to do with the EAP firmware in this thread, I'd encourage you click here to start a new thread to elaborate on one issue each time, so that we can stay topic and help you get the answers or solutions quickly, which may also help others who are interested in the topic. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. See you in the forums soon!

Related Articles:

Tips For Efficiently Reporting an Issue (or Asking a Question) In The Community.

Options
2023-08-15 09:38:41

Update as of Aug 15th, 2023

Hi All,

The following EAP devices firmware have been added for early access. Download now >>

EAP610_V2_1.1.2_Build20230717(Beta)

EAP620HD_V3_1.2.1_Build20230717(Beta)

EAP610-Outdoor_V1_1.2.1_Build20230717(Beta)

EAP650-Outdoor_V1_1.1.0_Build20230811(Beta)

*More EAP Firmware for Omada SDN Controller v5.9 will be provided soon, stay tuned!

Options