Controller Migration or New Firmware Relase Date?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-07 14:46:09
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.17.0

Hello,

I want to change my Windows Software Controller 5.11.8 to the Hardware Controller OC300 with 5.9.31. When i do this with the Controller Migration it faild, because the both controllers has diffrent Controller version.

Thera are are an Releasedate from TP-Link when the new Firmware for Hardwarecontroller will available? or any other way to migrate the controller?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Controller Migration or New Firmware Relase Date?
2023-08-07 18:54:44

@O_Brenner 

I think the easier way might be to setup the OC300 as a new controller, and then with both controllers running, migrate each site from your software controller to the new hardware controller.  There is no backwards path that works for the entire controller yet.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-08-08 03:48:53

Hi @O_Brenner 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Lower version> Higher version = Doable.

Higher > Lower = No.

Due to the new features implemented in the newer one, its config would not pass the verification on the controller's migration or import backup. So, don't do that. That would not work.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-08-08 13:49:52

@d0ugmac1 

you mean an Site Migration and not an Controloler migration, this are correct?

Options
2023-08-08 15:48:54

@O_Brenner 

Correct.  Backward 'Controller' migration is not an option, so your only choice is to move each site, one at a time.  I have not personally done a one-site-at-a-time migration yet, but I have moved a single site.  Please expect a few minutes of outage (it has been my experience that when a router is re-adopted, it is also re-provisioned and this seems to cause 3-5min of downtime) and plan your migration time accordingly.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options