Help with AP heatmap planning and Signal Strength

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-12 00:41:43
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.2

Hi community!

I have set up a Heatmap in the Omada software, and added walls corresponding to my house build in there (double brick walls outer and single brick inners etc). I currently own one EAP610v3 and am about how I should plan my placement and what signal strength to set on each.

Here are my considerations:

• Usable AX 5GHz coverage in every room
  • Functioning roaming for devices (iphone 12, iphone 13, macbook pro 2015, macbook air 2021, HP gen 9 laptop pc wifiAC, Bose Portable Smart Speaker wifiAC)
  • Minimize channel overlap (set different channels on each AP?)
  • Consider reducing signal beyond my house walls (not sharing/disturbing neighbours)

Questions

• Do I turn off 2.4GHZ altogether?
  • Do I maximise transmission on the AP in the living room and only use this one AP
  • Do I buy multiple access points and reduce their transmission power and scatter them across all rooms to localize wifi access and split them up in channels? Pros/Cons?
  • Power consumtion matters - the less Watt the better (electricity is expensive in Australia!) 

Help me plan my house!

Here's my latest Heatmap Simulation (the right side AP is set to 22dBm on 5GHz and the left side AP is set to 15dBm in the software)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help with AP heatmap planning and Signal Strength
2023-08-12 18:12:34

@evensteven 

Replied to your other post.

Options