Per-SSID rate limit profile not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-16 13:06:28
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I've currently a setup of these equipments on my company:

- omada 300 controller.

- er8411 router.

- 1x TL-SG3452X.

- 1x TL-SG3428X.

- 3x TL-SG3428XMP.

I have just bought an EAP670 AP for testing purposes and if everything is OK I'll be adding more of them.

As for initial configuration I've created 3 VLAN based wifis.

- company (VLAN 70)

- security (ipcams) (VLAN 30)

- guest (VLAN 80).

For guest network I've created a Client Rate Limit Profile as 1Mpbs up /1Mbps down and after connecting it with my phone and speed-testing, it was correctly rate limited.

But instead of  1Mpbs up /1Mbps down per client rate limit, I want to rate limit per-SSID (rate limiting all the connected clients in guest network to a total of  1Mpbs up /1Mbps down and set it as shown here:

And again get connectd through my phone to guest wifi network and ran a speed test again.

But unlike the per-client settings working all good, the connection was not rate-limited and the phone was able to use all the bandwith of my WAN connection.

Any ideas?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Per-SSID rate limit profile not working
2023-08-16 13:12:47 - last edited 2023-08-16 13:21:29

I've found this:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/185056?replyId=1009498

Is this the only viable solution?

Options
2023-08-16 13:25:37

With the above method I was able to rate limit the guest and company wifi networks.

But I still wonder if initial method in my first post question is viable? (using SSID Rate Limit Profiles).

Options
2023-08-17 06:37:26

@Bonesoul 

Bonesoul wrote 

Hey, I tried the same setting, the speed on my iphone is limited to 1.5M, I thought I can accept it and the function is working.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-08-17 09:37:47

@Virgo 

strange on my side, per client limiting is working all good when I try the per SSID limiting it does not work.

Options
2023-08-18 16:35:01

Hi, i'm using the same range of controller, particularly EAP650.

I have a detailed post regarding this issue that you may want to read and see if you are experiencing related issues.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/619212

I hope the engineer will notice this

@Fae 

Options
2023-08-22 02:03:03 - last edited 2023-08-22 02:08:15

Hi @Bonesoul

It's definitely strange, we tried the SSID rate limit in the Lab but it's working perfectly. Please confirm all devices' firmware is the latest and check more on the settings, maybe more speedtests on different client devices will prove the issue.

A newer 5.12 Beta firmware has been released for trial, you may also follow the post link below for details.
Omada SDN Controller_V5.12.x (Updated on Aug 21st, 2023)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-08-22 02:09:13

Hi @IanCC

Please check more details in the post here.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options