Omada VPN client not working with wireguard

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-18 17:46:44 - last edited 2023-08-25 08:13:08
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

So I've successfully created my wireguard VPN on my ER8411 router and can connect it with the wireguard's official windows client.

Using the same settings with Omada VPN client however, although the client shows connected, no traffic is routed and is not working.

Any ideas?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada VPN client not working with wireguard-Solution
2023-08-25 08:12:42 - last edited 2023-08-25 08:13:08

Hi @Bonesoul 

I've made a simple test in the lab.

I am quite positive that the software is totally fine. I tested it with the proper config. With or without "Enable Full VPN tunnel", I am able to get this connected.

The request timeout in this ping is me disconnecting it on the software. And quickly reconnected it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Omada VPN client not working with wireguard
2023-08-21 02:40:10

Hi @Bonesoul 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I saw that you have made some replies to others as if you have figured out the problem.

Not sure if you have followed our guide: How to configure WireGuard VPN on Omada Router in Standalone mode?

(If you have any better suggestions to this FAQ, you may bring it in your replies. Will feedback based on your suggestions.)

If you have resolved the issue, please post your solution and make it as "recommended solution".
If you have not, please let me if you followed the guide and your config. https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/619408

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-21 11:04:39

@Clive_A 

I've followed the guide and yes I can connect using official wireguard client.

But if I wonder if it's possible to connect using Omada VPN client and from my testing, it's not working as i mentioned in my first post.

Options
2023-08-22 07:07:00

Hi @Bonesoul 

Can you post your config here with sensitive information mosaiced?

Options
2023-08-23 23:04:34

@Clive_A 

Basically I do replicate the same config that I use with official wireguard client (which is working all fine) but with the same config Omada VPN client - wireguard profile doesn't work.

Options
2023-08-24 01:24:54

Hi @Bonesoul 

I think it works. I checked the file from the Omada VPN Client program and the Wireguard I downloaded from the official website. It's the same file and program. Everything's the same.

Basically, this means we just added a UI but the core stuff is the same.

I think you should use ping to verify if your VPN tunnel is actually effective or not.

Options
2023-08-24 11:46:02 - last edited 2023-08-24 11:46:28

@Clive_A 

I did verified and it's doesnt even create the interface & allow me to ping. I even tried it running in administrator mode in Windows. 

I think there is an ongoing bug in Omada VPN client affecting the wireguard feature.

Options
Re:Omada VPN client not working with wireguard-Solution
2023-08-25 08:12:42 - last edited 2023-08-25 08:13:08

Hi @Bonesoul 

I've made a simple test in the lab.

I am quite positive that the software is totally fine. I tested it with the proper config. With or without "Enable Full VPN tunnel", I am able to get this connected.

The request timeout in this ping is me disconnecting it on the software. And quickly reconnected it.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-25 10:19:53

@Clive_A 

In my case, the network interface is not even get created after connection. Anyway I'll check it again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 835

Replies: 8

Tags

Related Articles