How to configure the SFP WAN port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-25 08:56:57
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi,
I bought a TP-ER7206 to replace my Pldt modem Router. Un fortunately it did work. I hope anyone can help me to configure the SFP port on TP-ER7206

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to configure the SFP WAN port
2023-08-25 09:12:25

@Thirdx3 

is that all the information you can provide? 

if so, you should contact support instead on the forum. 

it's intuitive, go to the settings and check the SFP port and set it to SFP WAN parameters. unless something's unusual we need a solution to a certain problem.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
Re:How to configure the SFP WAN port
2023-08-25 18:03:26

@Thirdx3 

Are you inserting the carrier/ISP SFP from their modem into your router?   If it is an ONT and not a standard SFP, the router may not recognize or auto negotiate correctly.  If it is a FTTH like my ISP you need to tag the WAN with the correct VLAN in order for the ISP to 'see' your traffic.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 417

Replies: 2

Related Articles