Getting To Know PPSK (Private Pre-Shared Key) of Omada EAP Products

Getting To Know PPSK (Private Pre-Shared Key) of Omada EAP Products

13 Reply
Re:Getting To Know PPSK (Private Pre-Shared Key) of Omada EAP Products
2024-08-26 02:01:59

@HBEN1603 

Do you manage the EAP using the Omada Controller? You can upgrade the firmware via the cloud. The current firmware that is compatible with the V5.9 Controller or above supports PPSK.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-08-26 11:06:54

Hi @Hank21,

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly.

Yes, I do manage the EAPs using the Cloud Controller. I have already checked the EAP firmware on the cloud controller and it seems to be already updated to the latest version at 1.2.1 for EAP225 v5.0, but I do have other EAPs of the same model but they tend to have an older hardware version which currently supports PPSK. It's just that the v5.0 doesn't appear to support PPSK at the moment and I think you have put this down as planned to roll out in the near future?

The Cloud Controller firmware version I use currently is at 5.14.26.40, which does have PPSK features but it could not apply to the hardware model as I have explained above.

Many thanks,

Ben

Regards, Ben
Options
2024-08-27 03:55:36

@HBEN1603 

Don't worry, we're planning to release updated firmware that supports PPSK. I cannot provide a precise publication date, but it is expected to be published in the near future.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options