WireGuard, routing only specific LAN hosts to vpn tunnel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-02 14:15:21
Tags: #VPN #Routing #WireGuard
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230313 Rel.41632

Hello

The following WireGuard Setup is smoothly running on my TP-Link ER605.

[192.168.1.0/24] -> [192.168.1.1] -> [WireGuard Interface/Peer] => [==VPN Tunnel==] => [Internet].

All traffic from my local network is routed thru the tunnel.

My aim: I want that only traffic from specific LAN hosts will be routed thru the tunnel.

[192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3, 192.168.1.4] -> [192.168.1.1] -> [WireGuard Interface/Peer] => [==VPN Tunnel==] => [Internet].

[192.168.1.5, 192.168.1.6, 192.168.1.7] -> [192.168.1.1] -> [WAN].

I already tried with defining [IP Group, IP Address] and using this with policy based routing. But still the whole subnet is routed thru the tunnel.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re: WireGuard, routing only specific LAN hosts to vpn tunnel
2023-09-04 06:17:56

Hi @nocontrol 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You should specify what's been put in Allow IPs instead of setting up something else.

How to Configure WireGuard VPN on Omada Controller

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-04 18:57:26
The problem with doing something like that with Allowed IPs is that it only identifies networks that are available via the tunnel universally, so all of the allowed IP ranges/subnets will route via the tunnel, what the OP is looking for it seems is a way to tell certain IP addresses or ranges to route via the WireGuard tunnel and others to ignore the tunnel, this is not something that is possible via the Allowed IP option.
Options
2023-09-07 06:18:00
I think you want to achieve something similar like me. https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/621148 See Solution
Options
2023-09-07 10:18:13

@bsz thanks for the link.

yes, seems to be a comparable requirement.

just to mention: all clients of the subnet should reach the internet. just a bunch of them thru the tunnel and the rest over the ordinary wan routiing.

glad to hear, that tp-link will implement a possible solution.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 889

Replies: 4

Tags

VPN Routing
WireGuard
Related Articles