Communication/Firewall Problem?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-04 14:45:53
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hello Pros!

Sorry, I'm not a computer scientist and I just hope I'm making myself understood. I use an ER7206, the OC200, several TP-Links Switches and EAPs (all with Omada) in my Smarthome. I have a Solar power system with an inverter vom Fronius (SnapIN) that can communicate via LAN (REST API). From Loxone I have a Miniserver to control my home (and my Wallbox to charge my car). I have the problem, that the connection between the Miniserver and the Fronius often stopps/is interrupted. The Miniserver says that the connection to the host fails. But at the same time the API from the Fronius is mostly reachable via Webbrowser. Sometimes it's not. I have the impression that too many fails let the whole thing crash. But without doing anything it recovers. 

The adress is http://192.168.1.80/solar_api/v1/GetPowerFlowRealtimeData.fcgi and I get some JSON.

The Miniserver has 192.168.1.30

Both are connected via LAN. Because I can reach the Fronius via Browser and because it works generally with the Miniserver I know that it's not completely wrong. But what can be the reason for this behaviour? How can it be, that via Browser it works and at the same time the Miniserver can't establish a connection? Can this be some security-/firewall issue? If yes: what could I do in Omada to solve that problem? I can't see anything in the (small) log-files. Is there a way to tell in Omada "the connections between these two devices has to work under every circumstance"? I tried some "all-to-all" rules but nothing helped (try and error).

BTW: i do exactly the same with my Wallbox without any problems. I'm really frustrated and thankful for every advice...

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

Options
1 Reply
Re:Communication/Firewall Problem?
2023-09-05 03:14:35 - last edited 2023-09-05 03:14:52

Hi @TMathis 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Should check the stability first instead of suspecting anything about the Omada.

IMH, I think there is a problem with your connection. Not the config, not the system, but the connection. You said it can recover itself. It could be a congestion on WIFI or a weak signal causing packet loss.

Is the server to the Fronius on Ethernet? Or wireless? Have you monitored the IP address from a third computer?

So, e.g. ping 192.168.0.1 -t, you should test the connection between the server and the Fronius. Find out which is disconnecting, that's the key. You should run at least several pings to verify the stability between the devices.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 312

Replies: 1

Related Articles