How to configure DS Lite internet connection (WAN)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-06 20:34:11 - last edited 2023-09-14 03:14:47
Tags: #IPv6 #DS Lite
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I would like to replace my current internet router by the tp link er707-2 router.

But I was not able to establish a proper WAN connection. My internet provider is using DS Lite (6rd) and is not assign a public ipv4 internet address.

Provider is only using a public ipv6 addrees and is tunneling all the ipv4 traffic through provider gateway (AFTR).

I couldn't find any configuration options in the router interface to achieve that.

Is ER707-M2 not supproting DS-Lite?

I'm wondering because all the TP Link consumer routers support this kind of connections but the business router not?

Is that really true? Unfortuntaly I have not seen that in the specs of the router before I have bought it.

Where is the challenge for TP Link to implement that also for there business routers. The router supports only the outdated 6to4 tunnel connection type but not the more import direction 4 to 6.

Without that the entire SDN stuff is more or less useless for me and will bought the hardware from another manufactorer who is supporting that.

Greetings

Mikka

Options
5 Reply
Re:How to configure DS Lite internet connection (WAN)
2023-09-07 08:03:41

@Mikka19 

what kind of ipv6 mode do you need? controller mode.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-09-07 16:08:40

@Tedd404 

I have found a documentation for a TP Link consumber router where it is described what has to be configured on the consumer router.

https://www.tp-link.com/no/support/faq/2483/

I think the correct term is "Dual-Stack Lite (DS-Lite)" where the customer get a global IPv6, but using Carrier NAT IPv4.

I have also found other threads here in the forum related to other business routers, having the same problem.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/537980

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/547340

Unfortunately there was no feedback or at least in the German thread that the mentioned router there does not support DS-Lite.

Connection information from the current router.

Options
2023-09-08 09:15:32

Hi @Mikka19

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

If this is not available, you may go to the Requests & Suggestions and find a related post. If there is none, you may start a vote and let others vote for this feature.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-13 18:34:32

@Clive_A 

Thanks for your feedback.

But in that case the TP Link Omada products are not the right ones for me and I will send them back because I don't know if TP Link is willing to implement that feature and also not when I can expect that feature.

Router is useless for me when I can use it in 2 yearssmiley

Options
2023-09-14 03:14:30

For you who are interested in this feature, go to the vote page and vote for it: DS-Lite (Dual Stak Lite) Support

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 804

Replies: 5

Tags

IPv6
DS Lite
Related Articles