C540W and Tapo smart caeras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-09 11:24:26 - last edited 2023-09-11 02:53:01
Model: VIGI C540-W  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have both Tapo smart cameras (C210 and C320WS) and a TP link Vigi C540W. I have them on separate apps, the Tapo ones on thre Tapo app, and the C540W on the VIGI app. My question is, as they are all TP link brand cameras, can they all be put on the same app? I am pulling my hair out trying to find a direct answer on the net! I am not a tech geek, so IF it is possible, please direct me to easy to understand instructions. One of the main reasons I ask so I can use the same cloud storage for all my cameras, let alone being able to view all my cameras in the same place.  If not, guess I have to just use 2 completely separate apps :( Any advice much appreciated. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C540W and Tapo smart caeras-Solution
2023-09-11 02:52:03 - last edited 2023-09-11 02:53:01

Hi @hmd1 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

No. Tapo's for home. VIGI is the business and professional camera brand of TP-Link. We don't have plans to integrate them. And don't plan so in the future.

VIGI is more suitable for a shopping center or scenarios similar, typically, you have a CCTV room with multiple monitors viewing everything live and storing the video clips in the data center. Usually, with VIGI NVR working together. You can use it like a regular Tapo Internet camera. But they're still not the same.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:C540W and Tapo smart caeras-Solution
2023-09-11 02:52:03 - last edited 2023-09-11 02:53:01

Hi @hmd1 

No. Tapo's for home. VIGI is the business and professional camera brand of TP-Link. We don't have plans to integrate them. And don't plan so in the future.

VIGI is more suitable for a shopping center or scenarios similar, typically, you have a CCTV room with multiple monitors viewing everything live and storing the video clips in the data center. Usually, with VIGI NVR working together. You can use it like a regular Tapo Internet camera. But they're still not the same.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:C540W and Tapo smart caeras
2023-09-22 13:07:33

@hmd1 

So please make standalone camera business and professional as KC410S and also business and professional door ring so I can use only one app. 

Options
Re:C540W and Tapo smart caeras
2023-09-25 07:46:16

Hi @Patrik_C540V 

Patrik_C540V wrote

@hmd1 

So please make standalone camera business and professional as KC410S and also business and professional door ring so I can use only one app. 

There is no reason for us to integrate them into one app. We don't have plans to do so. And I don't see the reason that we have to make a professional door ring either. If we are going to make something like a door ring, that would be the facial recognition or fingerprint door open device for business use.

The target market is the solution for whole-house with PTZ cameras and other blast(vandal)-proof cameras, which are used in business, banking, or public security. This product line aims to provide solutions to users who have this kind of requirement or need.

Kasa or Tapo, are our brands for smart home and home security. They are different and VIGI will not integrate with them.

Our market team is quite clear about what we are doing. Please don't hold too much hope and expectation to this as for I have explained the reason.

Options