Homekit camera streaming choppy and AI motion detect notification not working or blocked

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Homekit camera streaming choppy and AI motion detect notification not working or blocked

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-03 15:32:06 - last edited 2023-10-07 07:53:02
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

We have homekit with several home automation and commerical grade security camera setup in our home. Recently, we switched ISP from cable to fiber so they told me we are required to use thier router. It turn out because it needed a VLAN201 on the wan side for the ISP fiber to work and our home network to connect to the fiber. 

The ISP provided router been working for several months with our homekit and cameras. Stream are good and notificaiton push work every time from our NVR to our iPhones.  Even AI detection nofitiction push works fine. 

The ISP provided router does not have VPN service support built in and we wanted to use OpenVPN whenever we are not at home on our Macbook Pro. Since we needed the vlan201 on wan side of the router that how we wound up purchasing TP-Link ER605 V2.   

First thing we did was removed ISP router and set up TP-Link with vlan on wan then it connected instantous so all is great. Then we change router gateway and lan to 192.268.1.xx because our existing network was on this and we did an ip reservation by mac number for each camera / nvr / homekit devices.  Homekit accessories work fine just the cameras part of the homekit are acting up on ER605. 

One thing we noticed that one of the software we use for scanning on our network where it will list all devices on our network and its' ip address, mac number, hostname, and mdns.  On the ER605 when we run a lan scan, the ip address, host name and mdns is all blank almost if the router is blocking this information to the lan scan applcaition. On our ISP provided router, this information is shown.

Only vlan we should be using is the vlan201 on wan side.  We do noticed a vlan1 listed and we did not set this up so we assume that was set up by OpenVPN service when we enabled it? Is that what may be causing our issue?  OpenVPN works for us great and no issue when connecting to our Macbook Pro outside of our home directly to our local network. 

Any idea why our lan scan application show all of the ip address blank (it deos show the tp link gateway ip address) and mdns blank and hostname blank when other router show everything?

Thank you

Bill

Options
9 Reply
Re:Homekit camera streaming choppy and AI motion detect notification not working or blocked
2023-10-03 16:17:18

@TechBill 

What firmware version are you running?

Is it the latest beta version?  If not, upgrade and retest.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
Re:Homekit camera streaming choppy and AI motion detect notification not working or blocked
2023-10-03 16:23:31

@KimcheeGUN 

Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992

Hardware Version: ER605 v2.0

Options
2023-10-03 16:24:03

@KimcheeGUN 

beta? where are the beta version?

thank you

Options
2023-10-03 16:32:26

@KimcheeGUN 

This one?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/615998

Options
2023-10-03 16:56:39

@TechBill 

Yup thats it!

Options
2023-10-03 16:57:41

@KimcheeGUN 

I installed the beta and now I can't log in the router anymore.  It's giving me a password error.   

Did the beta firmware change the username or password to log into the router?

Options
2023-10-03 17:20:19
Options
2023-10-03 17:26:46

@KimcheeGUN 

The beta firmware doesn't seem to make a difference ... seems same issue 

Also look like now lan scan show ip address but mac number is now all blank and somew mdns does show ... hostname still all blank so it actually in reverse it seem like than it was before. 

I probably just go back to my old router and send this router back for a refund .. not working out for us at all. 

Options
2023-10-07 07:44:50

@TechBill If you want to scan all the devices in your LAN, you can try checking the Devices List in Network-LAN-Network List on the Management GUI of ER605. It will also list all the devices in your network with their ID/Name/Vlan/IP Address/Subnet Mask/DHCP Server/DHCP Relay/Operation.

By the way, what's the app you used to scan your network before? And how did you use it?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 519

Replies: 9

Related Articles