List of Common mDNS(Bonjour) Service

2023-10-17 02:09:08 - last edited Tuesday

Background:

This post provides a list of common Bonjour Services for reference. If what you are looking for is omitted here, you may search it on Google.

This Article Applies to:

All outers with mDNS support

Bonjour Service:

Android TV

_androidtvremote._tcp.local

Amazon Echo

_amazonecho-remote._tcp
_homekit._tcp.local
_workstation._tcp.local

Amazon TV

_amzn-wplay._tcp.local

Aqara

_aqara-setup._tcp.local
_aqara._tcp.local

Apple HomeKit

_hap._tcp.local

Apple TV(Airyplay) iPhone as the Remote Control

_companion-link._tcp.local

Bose

_bose._tcp.local

Google Chrome Cast

googlecast._tcp.local

Philips Hue

_philipshue._tcp.local

Roku Media Player

_roku._tcp.local
_rsp._tcp.local

Sonos

_sonos._tcp.local

Spotify

_spotify-connect._tcp.local

TP-Link

_tplink._tcp.local

Ubuntu / Raspberry Pi Advertisement

_udisks-ssh._tcp.local

If you have trouble with the mDNS configuration or troubleshoot, you may refer to this link to troubleshoot: mDNS Repeater on the Router Doesn't Take Effect

Note:

If the mDNS service you find on the Internet is _A._tcp, please add .local to it _A._tcp.local.

Update Logs:

Jul 9th, 2024:

Optimize accuracy of the list.

Jan 11th, 2024:

Update the title for search engines.

Update the format.

Recommended Threads:

mDNS Repeater on the Router Doesn't Take Effect

• If this was helpful, welcome to give us Kudos by clicking the upward triangle below.
  • If there is anything unclear in this solution post, please feel free to comment below.

Thank you for your support and contribution to TP-Link Community!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have other off-topic issues to report? 

Welcome to > Start a New Thread < and elaborate on the issue for assistance.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
4 Reply
Re:List of Common mDNS(Bonjour) Service
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

Thank you for this very useful list. I would like to give you a short feedback:

1.) I can't add "Amazon Echo" service with "_homekit._tcp" to my Bonjour Services, because there is a regex "_A._B.local" to validate. Which is correct - your list or the regex?

2.) There is an limit to add custom services at five. Please remove the limit or add your list to the default services.

Thomas, with greetings from Dresden, Germany ER605 v2.0 (2.2.4) SG2008P v3.20 (3.20.1) EAP653(EU) v 1.0 (1.0.14) EAP650-Outdoor(EU) v1.0 (1.1.4) OC200 v1 (1.31.3) Controller 5.14.26.23
Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @motom001 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

motom001 wrote

@Clive_A 

Thank you for this very useful list. I would like to give you a short feedback:

1.) I can't add "Amazon Echo" service with "_homekit._tcp" to my Bonjour Services, because there is a regex "_A._B.local" to validate. Which is correct - your list or the regex?

2.) There is an limit to add custom services at five. Please remove the limit or add your list to the default services.

1) Adding the .local would resolve it.

The contents are from the Internet and official sites. Some vendors did not have a proper form when I created this list.

2) As for this, I am not sure if this limit is due to the performance of the product. Will consult with the dev.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Monday

@Clive_A I believe that you have a typo under the homekit setup, as you have it listed as "_homekit._ipp.local", when I believe it should be "_homekit._tcp.local".

Could you please confirm?

~Spritz

Options
Tuesday

Hi @Spritzup 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Spritzup wrote

@Clive_A I believe that you have a typo under the homekit setup, as you have it listed as "_homekit._ipp.local", when I believe it should be "_homekit._tcp.local".

Could you please confirm?

~Spritz

As I cannot find this specific parameter from Apple or its dev book due to my bad search ability. I did a search on the Internet and I think this one comes from GitHub. On one of the lists provided on Github, it was listed.

I cannot verify this as I lack the information from the authorized source and I don't have an Apple HomeKit product in my home or the test environment I have.

I will remove this as it does not look correct.

I would appreciate it if anyone could provide me with an official dev book from Apple. Because many of the Bonjour Service are not written properly in the official guidebook. This relies on the search results on the Internet and forums. Many are found by the people instead of explained by the official dev book.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 1771

Replies: 4

Related Articles