ER605 v2 - No USB modem connected.

2023-10-29 12:45:38 - last edited 2023-11-06 01:18:19
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ER605(UN)_V2_2.2.2 Build 20231017

Hi,

I had an older version of firmware 2.0.0 Build 20220106 Rel.56391 and it recognized an LTE router (Huawei E3372-325)

Now after the upgrade, I get the error No USB modem connected. event USB LED is on.

Also with older versions LTE network was not working. I set manually data but no effect. 

If I put LTE USB Router to my laptop it works fine.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 v2 - No USB modem connected.-Solution
2023-11-06 01:18:15 - last edited 2023-11-06 01:18:19

Hi @NevenS 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

NevenS wrote

Hi,

I'm using Huawei e3372-325 - 4G USB Dongle

This is a new setup and it was never working with ER605.

Do you have this personal option?

I see it in Argentina but this is I guess mobile provider from Argentina personal. com. ar

Got a confirmation from the test team that this LTE modem is never compatible with our product. I am afraid you should buy according to the compatibility list.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:ER605 v2 - No USB modem connected.
2023-10-30 02:48:41

Hi @NevenS 

Use the beta firmware instead of the V2.2.2 and try again.

Early Access ER605 V2_2.1.5 Build 20231024 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller V5.11 (Released on Oct 26th, 2023)

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-10-31 10:27:35

Hi,

When I rebooted after the firmware upgrade it was Connected for some minutes and now back to:

No USB modem is connected.

This is a screen and my settings. And my USB modem is blinking RED and GREEN. When the USB modem is working direct to PC then its green and working fine.

Options
2023-11-01 01:42:16

Hi @NevenS 

NevenS wrote

Hi,

When I rebooted after the firmware upgrade it was Connected for some minutes and now back to:

No USB modem is connected.

This is a screen and my settings. And my USB modem is blinking RED and GREEN. When the USB modem is working direct to PC then its green and working fine.

Did you use manual config before? Or you just changed this and it leads to a problem on the connection?

Blink green and red usually indicates it got a problem with the connection.

I think you should consider your config then.

Question: do you use auto config with the USB modem when it is plugged in your PC?

Options
2023-11-01 07:19:48

Hi,

I can’t use auto connection as my country "Bosnia and Herzegovina" is not on the list?

Question: do you use auto config with the USB modem when it is plugged in your PC?

I just plugged in USB and my config was already auto-downloaded and. configured.

USB has IP http://192.168.8.1/

Options
2023-11-01 07:35:09

Hi @NevenS 

This is not a modem. It's more like a mobile WIFI router.

Did this work on your ER605 before? I am suspicious. How did you set it up before? I am sure that this is a config issue. Because you need to dial the Internet. This Huawei mobile is in router mode. This does not match the USB modem configuration.

Options
2023-11-01 08:01:11

Hi,

I see it in Argentina but this is I guess mobile provider from Argentina personal. com. ar

Options
2023-11-01 08:44:44

Hi @NevenS 

Don't have any other solution to this. 4G/3G USB Modem Compatibility List for ER605

If you have upgraded to V2.1.5 Beta and it still cannot work, you can try to downgrade to 2.1.1 and see if it can work or not.

NevenS wrote

Hi,

I had an older version of firmware 2.0.0 Build 20220106 Rel.56391 and it recognized an LTE router (Huawei E3372-325)

I am only saying this because you said it was working. If it does not work ever before, then it might be a compatibility problem with the modem.

Options
Re:ER605 v2 - No USB modem connected.-Solution
2023-11-06 01:18:15 - last edited 2023-11-06 01:18:19

Hi @NevenS 

NevenS wrote

Hi,

Got a confirmation from the test team that this LTE modem is never compatible with our product. I am afraid you should buy according to the compatibility list.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 449

Replies: 8

Related Articles