Early Access ER8411 V1_1.1.1 Build 20231030 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller V5.13 (Released on Oct 31th, 2023)
This Article Applies to
ER8411(UN) V1_1.1.1 Build 20231030 Beta
New Features & Enhancements:
1. Add ACL support for IPv6 data.
2. Add support for IPv6 RA (Router Advertisement) configuration for LAN.
3. Add support for configuring multiple IP addresses on the WAN port.
4. Add support for monitoring session limits in controller mode.
5. Add support for configuring the MSS (Maximum Segment Size) of WAN port.
6. Add support for Gateway Tools in Controller mode.
7. Add support for the ability to download device info of Gateway in Controller mode.
8. Add support for Location Group in Gateway ACL.
9. Add support for allow list of MAC filtering in Controller mode.
10. Add support for tagging same VLAN ID on different WAN port.
11. Increased security of communication between Gateway and Controller.
12. Add support for DNS cache, which can improve domain name resolution speed by handling recent address resolutions locally before sending request to Internet .
13. Add support for DH 14 and DH 15 for PFS.
14. Add support for 0.0.0.0/0 IP range of local network when using IPsec IKEv2 for Client-to Site VPN.
15. Add support for DDNS custom intervals (1~60 minutes).
16. Add support for link-local addresses of IPv6 DNS on the LAN side.
17. Log Enhancements.
Show the source IP address of TCP no-Flag /ping of death attacks.
Show the log of link backup switching.
Show the log of DDNS update.
Logs can be saved when the device is down. You need to short press the reset button within 5s, and after releasing the reset button, the sys light will be on for 3 seconds to indicate that the downtime log is saved successfully.
18. Add support for Deep Packet Inspection.
19. Add support for enable/disable Flow Control in Controller mode.
20. Add support to modify the rate and duplex of the Ethernet port in Controller mode.
21. Add support GRE function in Standalone mode.
22. Add RIP and OSPF dynamic routing function in Standalone mode.
23. Add LDAP Authentication for PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN and Web Authentication. Web Authentication only support in Standalone mode.
1. Fix the bug that ICMP type 13 packets cannot be intercepted
2. Fix the bug that VPN Client cannot access the other side through IPsec when the device act as a PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN Server and also establishes IPsec VPN with other devices.
3. Fix the bug that VPN client cannot proxy Internet access when VPN IP Pool and LAN IP are in the same network segment.
4. Fix the bug of CPU abnormality caused by enabling more VLAN Interface.
5. Fix the bug of high latency in ISP Load in Controller mode.
6. Fix the bug of frequent reconnection with Omada Controller.
7. Fix the bug that the VLAN configuration of IPTV is affected by the VLAN configuration of WAN port in Controller mode.
8. Fix the bug that the device does not support proxy internet access as Wireguard VPN client.
9. Fix the bug that Port Forwarding does not take effect under multiple WAN ports.
10. Fix the bug that the port status display is abnormal in Controller mode.
11. Fix bugs related to OpenVPN:
OpenVPN clients cannot proxy Internet access through the device.
OpenVPN IP pool cannot be configured.
When the device is used as an OpenVPN Server and the option is Split mode, OpenVPN clients cannot access the Internet normally.
Remote IP error displayed in the OpenVPN Tunnel interface when the device connects successfully as an OpenVPN Client.
When the device acts as an OpenVPN Client, OpenVPN fails to start when there are unsupported fields in the OVPN file.
12. Fix the bug that cloud access could not connect successfully when PPPoE dialup was performed on the WAN port.
13. Fix the bug that after the device connects to the Server as a WireGuard VPN Client, the peer cannot access the device via WireGuard Interface IP.
Before the Upgrade
(1) Please be sure you have read the Beta Test Agreement before upgrading the Beta firmware!
(2) You may follow the following guide to upgrade your Omada devices. How to Upgrade/Downgrade Omada Gateways
Firmware Download Link
(1) The above firmware is applied to ER8411 V1/1.6.
(2) Your device’s configuration won’t be lost after upgrading.
All feedback is welcome, including letting us know about successful device upgrades.
If somehow you encounter an issue during or after the ER605 router upgrade, it's suggested to contact us with the following info:
- Omada Controller version
- Device Firmware version with Build number (previous and current)
If your ER8411 router gets bricked during the firmware upgrade, you may follow the guide below to recover the firmware.
Nov. 20th, 2023:
Update the format and incorrect description in the release note.
Oct. 31st, 2023:
Post the ER8411 V1 1.1.1_Build 20231030 (Beta) firmware for early access.