Parental Control help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Parental Control help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Parental Control help
Parental Control help
2023-11-07 03:17:14 - last edited 2023-11-07 11:11:58
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 220518 Rel.41627n

HI,

I've recently purchased a VR2100 and specifically chose this TP Link modem/router for the parental control features. 

What I would like to do is block access to the Internet for a period of time for 2 computers and then allow those computers to access the Internet at allotted times, with no content restrictions. Is this possible?

I've been through the instructions here https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1124/ but that doesn't solve my problem as it requires a keyword to allow access when on "Whitelist". Is there a wildcard character that will achieve what I am trying to do ie unrestricted access? I've put in "com" "org" "gov" etc but am unable to unblock a certain networking game that is played.

Thanks

Clay

Options
1 Reply
Re:Parental Control help
2023-11-07 21:01:14 - last edited 2023-11-07 21:31:09

@Clay_w 

I think the parental control features are unfortunately kept very simple.

To block access to the Internet for a period of time, you can choose the linked instructions and don't enter an keyword with the Whitelist. But in my short test it seems to block only websites.* The times which are not selected are without restrictions.

*Edit

For the effectivity of the rules see the notes under this article:

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/1740/

The better way to block devices would be the Access Control feature under Advanced --> Security, unfortunly there is no way to create rules on certain schedules.

Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 409

Replies: 1

Related Articles