The Slow Broswer Issue On the Omada Hardware Controller v5.12

2023-11-09 07:37:36 - last edited 2024-01-10 03:25:48

This Article Applies to

Omada Hardware Controller v5.12

Issue Description/Phenomenon

We have noticed that some forum users are experiencing the Slow Browsing issue in the Controller GUI. This issue is manifests as a prolonged response time compared to all previous versions after logging in or clicking on any element within the Omada GUI, and this issue started occurring after upgrading the Omada Hardware Controller to v5.12.

Available Solutions

The R&D team has planned to optimize the slow browser issue in subsequent versions of Omada Hardware Controller, it will take some time as significant changes will be required. Please keep an eye on the new controller version release (subscribe to this post) for an update.

At present, you may refer to the following most to least recommended browser versions to access the Omada dashboard.
Chrome 69+ > Firefox 65+ > Edge 106+ > Safari

Thank you for your attention!

Feedback

If this was helpful, click the thumbs-up (Kudos) button below.

If there is anything unclear in this solution post, please feel free to comment below.

Thank you in advance for your valued feedback!

Recommended Threads

Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here - Subscribe for Updates

Experience the Latest Omada EAP Firmware - Trial Available Here, Subscribe for Updates!

Get the Latest Firmware Releases for Omada Routers Here - Subscribe for Updates

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:The Slow Broswer Issue On the Omada Hardware Controller v5.12-Solution
2024-01-10 03:25:40 - last edited 2024-01-10 03:25:48

Hi All,

A newer 5.13.30.4 pre-release firmware of Software Controller has been released, please follow the post link below for details. The pre-release firmware of Hardware Controller is on the way, please subscribe to the following post.

Omada SDN Controller_V5.13.30.4 Pre-release (Released on Jan 8th, 2024)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:The Slow Broswer Issue On the Omada Hardware Controller v5.12/v5.13
2023-11-30 10:33:10

@Hank21 
Hi,
I followed the link specified to the planned releases for the oc controller firmware and went over the "new" firmware changelog and there is no mention of the R&D fixing this issue.

By any chance do you have any insight on the matter?
Thanks,
Ilay

Options
Re:The Slow Broswer Issue On the Omada Hardware Controller v5.12/v5.13
2023-12-11 19:02:31

@Hank21 

any progress 

Options
Re:The Slow Broswer Issue On the Omada Hardware Controller v5.12
2023-12-12 03:14:36 - last edited 2023-12-12 03:19:15

Hi @Mariomark1541,

After confirming with the R&D department, actually, in the current Controller v5.13 Beta, they have tried some optimization for this issue, comparing to OC v5.12 in terms of Controller Starting time and page interaction.

If you still have the same issue, please tell us the Network Layout in your scenario, and how many devices and clients you have in total.

And how slow in your environment?

Options
2024-01-03 14:41:48

I am using all of the latest Chrome and Safari Browsers and the experience with this upgrade is still super slow.  

Options
2024-01-03 18:00:52

@Hank21 
This is the version of Safari I am using.   Computer fan start spinning like crazy when I bring it up.  Conneciton just keep bouncing.  Crome is only slightly better

Options
2024-01-04 01:43:43

Hi @Slapp39

Are you running the OC 5.13 Beta firmware currently?

Please tell us the Network Layout in your scenario, and how many devices and clients you have in total.

And how slow in your environment? Could you use the timer to do a comparison test that opens the controller web page in different browsers Private Windows (Safari/Google Chrome/Firefox)?

Options
Re:The Slow Broswer Issue On the Omada Hardware Controller v5.12-Solution
2024-01-10 03:25:40 - last edited 2024-01-10 03:25:48

Hi All,

A newer 5.13.30.4 pre-release firmware of Software Controller has been released, please follow the post link below for details. The pre-release firmware of Hardware Controller is on the way, please subscribe to the following post.

Omada SDN Controller_V5.13.30.4 Pre-release (Released on Jan 8th, 2024)

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-22 23:07:43 - last edited 2024-02-22 23:08:07

@Hank21 Hi,

So I was running the windows version of the controller(5.13.30.08) that was lagging like hell. So I bought the OC300(5.13.30.10) thinking it would be smooth since the controller is running on the hardware made for it. It's still the same laggy experience. Why isn't fixed ? Thank god I'm not managing this for a business, click and wait 10-15 seconds for it to load, what the hell.

Options
2024-02-23 03:14:59
What browser are you using? My issues are almost completely tied to Safari. Chrome at least loads. Got a notification that 2.13.2 is available, so I will try that and report back.
Options
Yesterday

@Hank21 I am having this issue with my OC200 at as it seems latest firmware version 2.14.21 Build 20240401 Rel.52577 and Controller version 5.13.30.50 at any browser and device. Also the Omada app does not work well. Sometimes it takes ages to load something and sometimes it runs into timeout. Starting at login that works sometimes and sometimes not and if I am logged in at any screen it loads ages or does not work.

Ofc I use browsers like Firefox, Chrome etc at latest version. Because of that Issue I am also not able to to a factory reset, upgrade manually or do anything else. So it looks like it's unusable in general. And so I can't manage my network anymore...

How is your knowledge about this issue currently and when it should be fixed?

Options