Mounting AP under the eave of the roof

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-15 09:14:59 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:01:36
Model: EAP225   EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.1.0 Build 20220926 Rel. 62456(4555)

Hi all

I recently decided to go with Omada for the network at my new property and so far I only purchased a ER605 router and a EAP225 Outdoor to do some range and coverage tests, before I decide what else will be needed to expand the network over the entire property.

I have houses on my property with thatch / straw roofs.

I read else where on this forum, a good hight to mount outdoor AP's is 2 meters off the ground to get good coverage and distance.

If I mount the EAP 225 against the outside wall of the house, 2 meters off the ground, it will be under the eave / overhang of the roof with the top of the antennas a couple of centimeters from the roof, and as said, it is a thatch / straw roof.

Will that little piece of roof eave / overhang have a big effect on the wireless performance, or should I rather try and make another plan for mounting?

A second question, are there any specific reasons why not to go for the same AP, a EAP225 outdoor, for mounting inside the house against a wall? Aside from the mounting and esthetics, are there any differences between the indoor and outdoor AP's?

Thank you

Nick

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Mounting AP under the eave of the roof-Solution
2023-11-16 05:50:57 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:01:36

@JN89V 

We can't say there will be a big effect on the wireless performance, but must be a effect, maybe not big. Better no any obstacle in the front of EAP panel.

EAP indoor device has 15m wifi coverage radius, however, the outdoor eap can reach 150m wifi coverage, it is the biggest difference.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Mounting AP under the eave of the roof-Solution
2023-11-16 05:50:57 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:01:36

@JN89V 

We can't say there will be a big effect on the wireless performance, but must be a effect, maybe not big. Better no any obstacle in the front of EAP panel.

EAP indoor device has 15m wifi coverage radius, however, the outdoor eap can reach 150m wifi coverage, it is the biggest difference.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 187

Replies: 1

Related Articles