EasyMesh Set-up with one VX230v (as the main modem router) and another VX230v (as the agent)

EasyMesh Set-up with one VX230v (as the main modem router) and another VX230v (as the agent)

2023-11-23 18:57:27
Tags: #EasyMesh
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: VX230v(EU1) AX1800 Modem Router 0.11.0 2.0.0 v606c.0 Build 230105 Rel.7529n

Hi,

I am currently using a VX230v as the modem router. It works fine, it is connected to internet. Its EasyMesh is enabled. I want to use this as the EasyMesh Controller (as described in the device's Mesh menu).

I have also another VX230v. This one is in reset status (not logged in before trying to join the EasyMesh network / has not been configured). I want to use this as the EasyMesh Agent (also as described in the device's Mesh menu).

When I try to add a mesh device through the first VX230v Mesh menu (by pressing "Add Mesh Device" button), it prompts for next steps (pressing the WPS button on the second VX230v, ...) and I follow all of them. And then, both devices' WPS lights start blinking. However, at the end of the process, the device (agent) couldn't be added. Error in the first VX230v is: "Error! Failed to add the device!".

I also try the process via the Aginet, the result is same: "No devices found"

I also try the process as changing the each modem's role (reset the first one and try it as the EasyMesh Agent; reset and re-configurate the second one and try it as the modem router / EasyMesh Controller). The results are same.

Is there any way to set-up EasyMesh network with two VX230v devices?

Thanks.

Device: VX230v(EU1) AX1800 Dual Band Wi-Fi 6 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router

Firmware version: 0.11.0 2.0.0 v606c.0 Build 230105 Rel.7529n

Hardware version: VX230v v1.0 00000000

Explanation in VX230v's Mesh menu for EasyMesh Controller set-up:

Explanation in VX230v's Mesh menu for EasyMesh Agent set-up:

Error message:

Options
5 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Set-up with one VX230v (as the main modem router) and another VX230v (as the agent)
2023-11-24 08:50:47

@ME_C 

Please make sure the two devices are close to each other when you add the mesh device, however, if it still doesn't work, it is recommended to contact your ISP to report the issue.

VX230v is a model for ISPs only, we community don't have much information about it.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:EasyMesh Set-up with one VX230v (as the main modem router) and another VX230v (as the agent)
2023-11-24 18:12:27

@Sunshine Thank you.

The devices were close enough to each other while trying to add the agent (~25 cm / ~10 inches), unfortunately that was not the cause of the issue. 

In my current location, VX230v(EU1) AX1800 is not for ISPs only, it is also possible to purchase individually in the regular electronic markets. However, as you said, there is not so much information available about this device.

Seems like VX230v has some problems with EasyMesh. Maybe become better with a firmware update in the future.

Thanks again.

Options
2023-12-15 11:59:15

@Sunshine 

If they made this stupid modem for ISP, why are they selling it to tech stores to sell to individual users? It has the worst software in the world and they can't find anyone to take care of it? What a joke.

Options
2023-12-15 13:11:42

@ME_C

I curse the day I bought this modem. If they don't find a solution, I will take legal action in my own country. I am tired of the answer that it is a model produced for ISP, although I bought it from the technology store. 

Options
a week ago

I would like to add that I am also having issue.

Initially the admin UI had a "reset as agent" button which didnt really work... the router would restart but would still not be discoverable by the other.

I applied the latest firmware, and now the "reset as agent" button isn't even there anymore. its like they know it doesn't work and just hid it.

I was initially was with the ISP "Southern Phone" in AU. They issued me this router, but I am no longer with them, so... now who do go to?

just for peace of mind I'd like to know is this a physical limitation of the router or should I keep an eye on firmware releases for if this ever gets fixed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 650

Replies: 5

Tags

EasyMesh
Related Articles