VPN DOESNT AUTO CONNECTS

VPN DOESNT AUTO CONNECTS
VPN DOESNT AUTO CONNECTS
2023-11-24 15:11:50
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64359

Hello,

I am currently facing an issue with the "Lan to Lan" connection that links our two offices. Each office has its own static public IP.

The problem arises when the Lan to Lan connection intermittently disconnects. To resolve this, I have to manually log in to the VPN router via AnyDesk. Once logged in, I click on "disconnect" and then "connect," after which the Lan to Lan VPN reconnects successfully.

Is there a reason why the router doesn't reconnect automatically?

Regards, Xavier

Options
1 Reply
Re:VPN DOESNT AUTO CONNECTS
2023-11-27 02:23:09

Hi @xaviersuarezv 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Is your firmware like the stated V1.1.1? If yes, update it to the latest one. Go to the official website and search for your model.

This issue is rare and for now, it seems to be an unstable WAN(Internet) connection.

If you want to find out the root cause, you should Wireshark and see how the IPsec disconnects.

How to capture packets using Wireshark on SMB router or switch

How to Use Port Mirror to Capture Packets in the Controller

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options