ER605 No backup wan option available

2023-11-26 13:36:49 - last edited 2023-11-27 05:52:20
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.2 Build 20231017 Rel.68869

I've setup a dual-wan configuration. It correctly detects both WANs, but when I attempt to create a link backup, only the main WAN is showing up, I don't get the option for the secondary WAN.

Any assistance with figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 No backup wan option available-Solution
2023-11-27 04:42:37 - last edited 2023-11-27 05:52:12

@Clive_A My browser cache is cleared every time I close the browser, however to test your theory I logged into the router with a different browser with no change. 

I then installed the suggested beta which also didn't change the issue.  On a theory though, I then restored to factory defaults, re-created the log in credentials, and this time ran through the quick setup with both lans plugged in.  Everything works this time, with the only difference being that I initially set up the router with only the primary wan enabled.  Thanks for your help Clive, it is appreciated!

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:ER605 No backup wan option available
2023-11-27 03:05:07

Hi @Belanthiel 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Clear the browser cache or try another browser and check if it is resolved.

If it does not resolve the issue, please bypass this version and upgrade to the V2.1.5 beta.  Early Access ER605 V2_2.1.5 Build 20231024 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller V5.11 (Released on Oct 26th, 2023)

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:ER605 No backup wan option available-Solution
2023-11-27 04:42:37 - last edited 2023-11-27 05:52:12

@Clive_A My browser cache is cleared every time I close the browser, however to test your theory I logged into the router with a different browser with no change. 

I then installed the suggested beta which also didn't change the issue.  On a theory though, I then restored to factory defaults, re-created the log in credentials, and this time ran through the quick setup with both lans plugged in.  Everything works this time, with the only difference being that I initially set up the router with only the primary wan enabled.  Thanks for your help Clive, it is appreciated!

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-04 02:30:06

Hi @Belanthiel 

Belanthiel wrote

Do you still keep the backup? Dev would like to take a look at your backup config.

Let me know if you still keep it. Will ask for it privately.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-04 06:09:43

@Clive_A Sorry I did not.  Since I hadn't gotten everything working at that point I didn't think it necessary to do a backup.  

Options
2023-12-04 06:12:45

Hi @Belanthiel 

Belanthiel wrote

@Clive_A Sorry I did not.  Since I hadn't gotten everything working at that point I didn't think it necessary to do a backup.  

No worries. I'll try to find a backup from someone else if they run into this issue again. I appreciate your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 252

Replies: 5

Related Articles