Static routes and DHCP

Static routes and DHCP

Static routes and DHCP
Static routes and DHCP
2023-11-29 07:12:53 - last edited 2023-11-30 08:15:43
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.4.20

I recently configured a ER7212PC router. My site has 3 interconnected LAN. 

I added 2 static routes to the router and they are working fine.

Unfortunately, the DHCP server running on the router does not seem to advertise those routes to the clients. When pinging on of the hosts on an adjacent LAN I get a bunch of warning about "Redirect Host" which indicates wasted bandwidth. I see nowhere on the interface to configure DHCP option 121.

This is a so-called "Business" product. Surely DHCP option 121 must be available. How do I set it up?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Static routes and DHCP-Solution
2023-11-30 01:45:42 - last edited 2023-11-30 08:15:43

Hi @frawau 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

We cannot add all DHCP options to the router. We don't know what is needed in your LAN. So, we offer you the custom DHCP option.

If you don't find this feature in your LAN settings, that may be because the firmware has not added it yet. Please wait for the future firmware release.

Download the latest firmware: Download for ER7212PC V1

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Static routes and DHCP-Solution
2023-11-30 01:45:42 - last edited 2023-11-30 08:15:43

Hi @frawau 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

We cannot add all DHCP options to the router. We don't know what is needed in your LAN. So, we offer you the custom DHCP option.

If you don't find this feature in your LAN settings, that may be because the firmware has not added it yet. Please wait for the future firmware release.

Download the latest firmware: Download for ER7212PC V1

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Static routes and DHCP
2023-11-30 08:20:49

@Clive_A 

Thanks for the answer. I did not realize I had to update the firmware as the Upgrade button seemed to have no effect.

After update I could setup Option 121 with an "hex array" and things are working. Thanks

Options