Recommend Network Setup

Recommend Network Setup
Recommend Network Setup
2023-11-29 21:59:13 - last edited 2023-11-29 22:00:33
Tags: #Home network setup
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Out of the box

Hi, I recently purchased the XE-75 PRO to bolster speeds across a 3 story house as reception on the top floor was non existent.

I have tried the X3 units over the WiFi, with the main being directly connected to my router. By the time I receive connection on the top floor, the internet is ok but download speeds go from ~900 download to ~150-300. If I remove the third deco unit and just leave the second my download speeds increase to ~300-500. Is this normal behaviour?

Secondly. If I'm going to hardwire these together. Am I right in thinking the best approach is;

- ISP (Vodafone line)

- connected to my router (do I turn this into modem only mode, I've currently just disabled WiFi?)

- which connects to the main deco unit.

- do I connect a switch to the deco unit, or just connect off the back of the 'main', and repeat?

Thanks any advice is appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Recommend Network Setup
2023-11-30 08:02:25

@Hazzasin 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The satellite Deco will reduce the speed in a certain level but considering there are 6Ghz Backhaul between Decos, I think the 3rd Deco XE75 Pro should behave better.

Ethernet Connection over Deco would be a wonderful idea.

If you don't worry about Double NAT issue, I think disabling Wi-Fi on the Vodafone router will be fine.

And the following topology would work: ISP---Vodafone Wi-Fi router---main XE75 Pro---- <cable>---2nd XE75 Pro---- <cable>--- 3rd XE75 Pro.

There are also other possible topologies here: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 180

Replies: 1

Tags

Home network setup
Related Articles