EAP 225 4 Second Green Light
EAP 225 4 Second Green Light
2023-12-04 21:54:01
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi,

First-time poster here.

I have recently deployed a set of 10 EAP 225 devices in a mobile office setup. All APs are configured via an Omada software controller.

The configuration consists of a private business network on an untagged VLAN and a guest network on VLAN 66.

After configuring all APs, I deployed them in all the required locations. Due to the mobile nature of the deployment, different central hubs containing the network router and internet gateway are used at various locations. However, the 10 APs always stay together.

The issue I have is that the SSIDs are not always broadcast when the internet is available.

I have noticed the following behavior by the APs in different network scenarios:

Scenario 1:

Omada Controller is on the network.

Router is the same one used during the initial configuration.

Router has DHCP hosted for untagged VLAN and VLAN 66.

APs connect and display a solid green light.

The network behaves as expected.

Scenario 2:

Omada Controller not on the network

Router is the same as the initial configuration

DHCP hosted for untagged VLAN and VLAN 66.

The network behaves as expected.

Scenario 3:

Controller not on the network

Router is different

DHCP hosted for untagged VLAN and VLAN 2.

The network behaves as expected. However, the guest VLAN is not functional. This is expected behavior for the router not having the correct guest VLAN.

Scenario 4:

Controller not on the network

Router is different

DHCP hosted for untagged VLAN.

APs connect and display a blinking green light: 4 seconds on and then off for 1 second.

AP does not broadcast the SSID for either the guest or primary network.

I have not tested scenario 4 with the controller on the network but do not know what effect it would have.

Other important notes:

In all scenarios except scenario 4, I am able to connect to the APs management page and see the message that the AP is managed by a controller.

In scenario 4, I am unable to locate the webpage of the APs even when conducting an Nmap scan of the whole network.

The same 4-second blink period also occurs when the APs are just connected to PoE power.

I initially believed that the SSIDs were not broadcasting because the APs did not receive a DHCP address. However, scenario 4 invalidates this. I confirmed that the cable to the AP was connected and receiving good DHCP by having a successful connection with my laptop.

Why does scenario 4 not work?

Help, please...

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP 225 4 Second Green Light
2023-12-05 09:11:30

@FastRacer 

It seems like the issue occurs after you change the omada gateway to a different router, have you checked vlan settings on the router? 

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:EAP 225 4 Second Green Light
2023-12-05 13:05:10

@Virgo 

Yes I have checked the settings on the router. The issue is that the problem does not appear consistent to the router settings.

See above scenario 3 and 4.

Scenario 3 with one untagged vlan and one mistagged vlan still functioned for the buisness network.

Scenario 4 with just one untagged vlan did not funtion at all.

So I agree that it is likely vlan related but I do not understand how this subtle difference cuases the 4 second light code.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 130

Replies: 2

Related Articles