Connection Type: PPPoE

Secondary WAN: 4G

Connection Type: Static IP

When Primary WAN is connected:

Internet is connected.

All 3 LAN ports work perfectly:

a) to PC

b) to Laptop

c) to Wi-Fi router.  Wi-Fi Router then connects to multiple "client" devices scattered around the house.

When Primary WAN is NOT connected:

Internet is offline.

Secondary WAN does not activate, even though Failover Function is Enabled & Secondary WAN is "Connected".

I'm sure there is a Setting that I need to change, but I'm out of ideas.

Thank you for your help. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 FAILOVER NOT ACTIVATING-Solution
2023-12-11 01:52:16 - last edited 2023-12-14 04:35:39

Hi @DEAN1964 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Refer to the guide on the pinned thread in the router section.

2. Failover would take effect in several seconds. It is not instantly(1-2 seconds or less) to switch over.

3. Your firmware is not up-to-date but a factory default firmware. Would recommend you to upgrade to the latest one before any test.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:ER605 FAILOVER NOT ACTIVATING-Solution
2023-12-11 01:52:16 - last edited 2023-12-14 04:35:39

Hi @DEAN1964 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Refer to the guide on the pinned thread in the router section.

2. Failover would take effect in several seconds. It is not instantly(1-2 seconds or less) to switch over.

3. Your firmware is not up-to-date but a factory default firmware. Would recommend you to upgrade to the latest one before any test.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER605 FAILOVER NOT ACTIVATING
2023-12-12 13:50:14

@Clive_A  

Thanks for your reply & additional instructions. I upgraded the Firmware as recommended but I'm still getting no joy from the Failover.

WAN (Primary) and WAN (Backup) are BOTH labelled "Connected".

But, when I unplug the WAN (Primary) to see if the Failover activates, it does not. The Internet goes offline.

Is the issue something to do with setting up the WAN Backup as "a bridge"?  I don't even know what that means, but one user has indicated that provided a Solution when he had trouble getting Failover to work with ER605.

Options
2023-12-14 04:35:26

SUCCESS!!

Thanks to the Instructions from Clive_A plus the very patient guidance from TP-Link LIVE CHAT, I now have a Failover fully operational on my ER605.

There are probably a hundred other functions I can also activate on ER605 but, given my limited Tech skills, I'm going to enjoy this success before attempting anything else.

Thank you Clive_A.

Thank you TP-Link Live Chat Agents.

Options
2023-12-15 01:47:55

Hi @DEAN1964 

DEAN1964 wrote

SUCCESS!!

Thanks to the Instructions from Clive_A plus the very patient guidance from TP-Link LIVE CHAT, I now have a Failover fully operational on my ER605.

There are probably a hundred other functions I can also activate on ER605 but, given my limited Tech skills, I'm going to enjoy this success before attempting anything else.

Thank you Clive_A.

Thank you TP-Link Live Chat Agents.

I was back from a trip. I was not able to reply timely. But it is great to know that it's resolved.

Every day you learn something new. yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 247

Replies: 4

Related Articles